When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD from BK arrived today. Pictures

azbank

Thanks Indy, whats PB treatment?

OH WOW....you don't know about PB DAD??? :shock: PB Dad is a well know modder on the forums. He sprays your dial with a matt finish(more gen appearance) and relumes it with tritech lume which is the same superluminova rolex uses. He also gives the bracelet and case a gen brush finish, as well as gen spec AR crystal coating. If you don't mine me posting a pic of mine on your thread I will. It makes your DSSD a lot closer to gen...some say 95%-98% which of course is subjective ;)

Yes AZbank .. stay with the Euro techs. It's better that way. Just so you know, PBdad is not a trusted tech on this board.

Yes correct he is not a trusted tech on this board but he is on other boards. He's well known by many on other forums as well as RWG for his outstanding work.

Also, the Deepsea had a change in its second year of production. Both gloss and semigloss dials are absolutely correct. There is no need to pay anyone to matte your dial.

I agree I wouldn't pay just to have the dial matte. PB "works" package includes a list of what he does to bring your DSSD up to gen specs.

A good idea with new DSSD's is to pop out the pearl and re glue it, as they tend not to be very well glued.  Do a quick search and you will see some advice on this.  In particular not to use superglue.  It is really easy to do, only taking a few secs.  Get a good two part epoxy glue, and it will be in there for ever.

• Like 1

I had a lume job done by him, ok, not worth the $$$ I learned never to mess with stock lume, I think it ruines the

watch, just my opinion.

Yea same here but it does glow like a torch. I heard Vac does better work but haven't tried him yet. Most relumers are expensive. I do agree if not done properly(stripping old lume and starting from scratch) it can ruin the look of your watch.