When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just pulled the trigger on a new straight razor

I've been straight razor shaving for a while and just like watches, it's addicting. Anyway, I've been lusting after a specific straight razor and I finally pulled the trigger on it. This is a Dovo Bergischer Lowe. It's a carbon steel blade (made in Solingen Germany) with a Spanish style point and has a dark handle made of buffalo's horn and 24k gold plated trim. Gorgeous and a great shaver! I can't wait to get it! I'll post some pics when I get it, even though this isn't a shaving forum. I got the second visible one from the left.  :clap2: 

3580_0510_1.jpg

Nice razor. I used to use and collect straight razors, many, many years ago. I don't even know what happened to most of them. I think I may still have a few stored away in the attic someplace. :g:

I think I even have a few nice old straps too. I miss using them, they do give a great shave, once you know how to use them.

Dave...

Lovely stuff!

I am a straight razor enthusiast of several years now, I found Dovo razors can be a bit hit & miss. There high end razors like this Bergischer are usually good but some of their basic models suffer with QC issues.

Same be said about Thiers Issard razors.

The most consistent new razors I have found to be Revisors http://www.revisor-solingen.de/html/rasiermesser.html

Enjoy your new razor, looks cracking ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...