When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs Question - Ordering 2 Replica's

yepme

I was going to order 2 Noobmariners from Neil, and he raised an excellent point that I would like feedback from the group on, if you have any knowledge on the topic.

I was gonna order 2 Noobmariners for the GF's sons as gifts. Out trusted and helpful dealer brought up an excellent point that I was unaware of ... if I have them both shipped in tha same package, it may double my risk of having US customs confiscating the shipment because they limit the import of Ralex's to one per person.

Any thoughts or experiences with this issue you would be willing to share? Should I order one, wait some time and order another, order 2 and have them shipped in seperate boxes, or roll the dice and oder 2 shipped in the same package (I only save 5 pounds using the last option) to limit my customs risk.

Thanks for any input you can provide, and thanks to TTK for his prompt replies to my inquiries and assistance with this.

I was going to order 2 Noobmariners from Neil, and he raised an excellent point that I would like feedback from the group on, if you have any knowledge on the topic.

I was gonna order 2 Noobmariners for the GF's sons as gifts. Out trusted and helpful dealer brought up an excellent point that I was unaware of ... if I have them both shipped in tha same package, it may double my risk of having US customs confiscating the shipment because they limit the import of Ralex's to one per person.

Any thoughts or experiences with this issue you would be willing to share? Should I order one, wait some time and order another, order 2 and have them shipped in seperate boxes, or roll the dice and oder 2 shipped in the same package (I only save 5 pounds using the last option) to limit my customs risk.

Thanks for any input you can provide, and thanks to TTK for his prompt replies to my inquiries and assistance with this.

For only 5 pounds I would at LEAST put em in diff. boxes

There is such a massive amount of mail going through that chances of your package getting flagged are slim, it might be safer to use two different packages but I don't think it makes too much diference. BTW, the girl on your avatar is gyrating in such a way it would seem she is trying to dislodge something from her bottom. :D

If the dealer suggests avoiding sending 2 in the same package than I would. In general I have never had any problem with US customs. If you live in Fla, Tx or Wash DC then definitely take precautions. The Rolex snag factor is far higher. In NYC and other major metropolitan areas they have far bigger fish to fry. :)

Dealers know the games better than anyone... I would always give credance to a dealers advice.

Bear in mind in most cases it is protection for the dealers at your cost as if customs seizes most dealers reship at no cost to you. Check with your dealer on this policy though as it is up to the dealer how he handles it.

And of course the other way to look at it is, with two packages you have twice the chance of getting one searched...

But if the dealer recommends two packages and its on 5 more, I say usually stick with the dealers recommendation until such time as you have reason to thinl better from experience.

That's so weird... my last order came in with 2 rolexes in the same package declared very low... got slapped with tax on $1200 and neither comfiscated... what are the chances...

Would I be out of line asking what the tax was, Devedander?