When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About to purchase an Omega Speedmaster

BNEX

Omega Folks:

As the proud co-owner of a mid-1950s Seamaster which I inherited from my Navy veteran father, I am very fond of Omegas. ( see approximate model below as my brother gets possession of the watch in odd numbered years )

I recently stumbled across your group and started looking for a “starter” replica.  After examining every Omega I could find, I fell in love with this one:  Omega Speedmaster Automatic Blue Markers with White Dial S/S.   I really have no 2nd choice in mind.

So I started searching among the “trusted dealers” and found:

1  Joshua  had it listed but when I inquired about it he said it was no longer made.  ( he has since removed it from his website )

2  Andrew also said it was unavailable but he still has it listed.

Is it normal for them to display watches they can no longer deliver?

3  Eventually I found it on WatchEden.  ( sorry I am unable to post the link )

My questions:

What kind of quality and performance can I expect from this watch?  I do realize it is on the “low end” of Omegas but love the design.

Is WatchEden trustworthy?  Is there a better source for this watch?

Thank you so much for your patience w/ a “newbie”!

BNEX

post-54269-0-61152800-1370291284_thumb.j

post-54269-0-14099900-1370291372_thumb.j

It looks cool but as you recognized it's on the lower end.  As such it's not really accurate as the gen it's based on is a chronograph while this one likely has a basic automatic movement while the pushers likely advance the day date and lastly a fixed 24hr marker but perhaps you know this already.  At one time I believe that they made one with the asian 7750 chronograph movement that would have been more accurate but that is long out of production.  

Watch Eden is a reputable dealer and you won't get fleeced.  Everyone has a favorite dealer so some may steer you in other directions but in my books as long as you get the watch you want at the price you want it's all good.

If that's the look you like I'd also suggest checking out a white dial, blue marker Aqua Terra.  Watch Eden likely has one minus the extra dials that would be very nice first rep.

Be careful with watcheden though, I'd go so far as to say they are the worst culprits for listing watches that they don't have in stock. Over 70% of the website must be non existent, you will most likely get a 'not in stock' please choose another after you've paid, you will get a watch, just may have to choose another until they find something they can get... at least Josh/Andrew are telling you some truth.

In regards to that exact watch, I have no idea, it's a fantasy and WE may have access to it, also check out timeshops and silix for such watches. The old semi good BA rep with blue hands from a few years ago definitely isn't available anymore.

Be careful with watcheden though, I'd go so far as to say they are the worst culprits for listing watches that they don't have in stock. Over 70% of the website must be non existent, you will most likely get a 'not in stock' please choose another after you've paid, you will get a watch, just may have to choose another until they find something they can get... at least Josh/Andrew are telling you some truth.

In regards to that exact watch, I have no idea, it's a fantasy and WE may have access to it, also check out timeshops and silix for such watches. The old semi good BA rep with blue hands from a few years ago definitely isn't available anymore.

Hi cougar1,

It's absolutely kind of misunderstanding!

We have a wide range of watches, yet availability of diverse watches is changeable. Sometimes a small percentage of watch models may be out of stock currently, but that percentage would never be 70%, so WE try to recommend models you may prefer so as to make you happy. You can take our suggestions if you like them and ask for QC pics  for confirmation prior to shipment, or you can also ask for a full refund. WE'll definitely conform closely to your needs. :)

Really sorry for disappointing you in previous experience. We'll welcome further business with you in the future!

Best Regards

WE

Hi cougar1,

It's absolutely kind of misunderstanding!

We have a wide range of watches, yet availability of diverse watches is changeable. Sometimes a small percentage of watch models may be out of stock currently, but that percentage would never be 70%, so WE try to recommend models you may prefer so as to make you happy. You can take our suggestions if you like them and ask for QC pics  for confirmation prior to shipment, or you can also ask for a full refund. WE'll definitely conform closely to your needs. :)

Really sorry for disappointing you in previous experience. We'll welcome further business with you in the future!

Best Regards

WE

Thanks for the feedback WE, don't think I'm am singling you out for criticism, all the dealers continue to list watches that can't be found, it's just the bigger a website gets the more difficult it can get for both a buyer and a dealer to assess what watches can be found. It would be nice to see dealer websites tidied up and removing old or unfindable stock, but we know that in itself is a big task.

Emailing is always best to get more clarity, but even then many dealers happily tell a potential buyer what they want to hear. We all know most dealers have access to basically the same stock, but some would have access to a few rarities. In part it is up to a buyer to find out if a watch is still produced by emailing every dealer and work from there. It is so much easier with up to date reps, as soon as something is older or discontinued it gets much more difficult to keep up with who can source it or not.

I know couger1 guys and I have had some orders from you folks no problem, but he is correct update your stock we know better no one has so many available cause there are not made anymore.

;)

As we are on the subject of Broad Arrows, I just re read By Tors great review:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/429-review-of-omega-speedmaster-broad-arrow/

afaik the older (good) version above hasn't been around since about 2009(maybe even earlier)? Any others seem to be fantasy models? Such a pity as this was a great rep at the time. Anybody come across the old version recently?

The white dial Broad Arrow is such a handsome watch, I wish it would be produced again, accurately.

I'm positive it would sell very well.