When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Adding Value To A Trade

Pugwash

Seeing as I'm not a great modder and can't service movements, if I want to sell a watch, I pretty much have to flip it for less than what I paid for it as I can't improve on the condition it arrived in. This got me thinking.

I may have mentioned this before, but it jumped into my brain today so I thought I'd float the idea out there.

Would anyone be interested in buying a watch from me if it came with a custom one-off photo book filled with pictures I'd taken of the watch specially for the book?

I'd use Apple's iPhoto book service with either a large hardback (8.5"x11") or a more reasonably-sized soft-cover (6"x8") with 20 pages of photos and possibly text, with a hand-written dedication (signed and dated for fun, why not?) on the opening page.

Oh, and I'd send a CD with the images in high-res on too, so the new owner can use them as he/she sees fit.

Would this be of interest and add value to an otherwise average watch? It's just that I have several watches that will soon start gathering dust and I'd rather convert them into my new gen watch fund.

i like thewya you think. What do you think the value added is for that service?

Not a lot. Obviously, I'd have to cover the additional cost of the printing, but I'd be open to suggestions otherwise. I don't value it in the hundreds of dollars, that's for sure.

However, it'd possibly make a less interesting watch more interesting.