When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner 16803 Two Tone (Blue/Gold) - SuperFranken Build

wiseguy1481

Okay guys... I have here some teaser shots (pics) and I also have a request on sourcing some GEN and/or GEN spec parts for this superfranken build. I have not seen ONE person on these forums with a franken/superfranken TT sub and this is my #2 GRAIL... I am hoping that these are not a common build so that I start to set a trend.... :)

Here is my current build list of items I have:

Gen Crystal (AR'd).... Yes, I like AR'd better then non... I chose to go AR'd.... don't tell me its wrong.

Gen spec case

Gen springbars

Gen bezel click spring

Gen Blue/Gold Dial

Gen Blue/Gold Insert

Gen Gold Handset (tritium)

Gen Crown/tube

Gen 3035 Movt with Gen champaign DW

WHAT I NEED:

1) Gold Bezel

2) TT bracelet

I have a couple of people who are looking into these items for me but I wanted to see if any of you have any other options... OR... have these two items already that you would sale. I am NOT looking for cheap parts. As you can see from my build list I have already spent a lot of money to build this watch and I am not looking to put cheap parts on the watch.

post-51930-0-87017700-1370657092_thumb.j

post-51930-0-72396200-1370657104_thumb.j

post-51930-0-72596200-1370657116_thumb.j

post-51930-0-19669000-1370657171_thumb.j

post-51930-0-90812500-1370657190_thumb.j

Sick! Don't worry about haters on the ar. If you had one and cracked the crystal, RSC would put an at crystal on it

Re bezel have you checked wso990? I know he has solid 18k 16753/8 bezels , might have a sub one too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@tr573... thank you, sir... Yes, wso990 has a bezel I am considering. Have you worked with them and/or ordered from them before? They obviously have great feedback and look to be a solid vendor.

Yup, plenty of times.   I have had their bezels on 2 1675's, several inserts (sub and gmt) , and countless handsets.    The last handset I bought they sent the wrong ones (deepsea fat hands instead of skinny sub hands) , but I just emailed them, sent it back and less than a week later I had the correct ones, so not a huge deal. 

Do you know if they sale good quality TT bracelets?

Haven't bought any of his bracelets - at 750$ for a two tone (real gold) too big a gamble if you end up hating it.  Better off waiting for one in decent shape on TRF or VRF

This will be coming your way MD once I get all of the parts in my hands and can source a TT bracelet... Hopefully sometime next week ;)

Ehhh you don't need to wait for the bracelet to build it - you can put that on whenever!  Throw it on leather or a cheap bracelet until then. 

@sig... thank you... I am not sure I want to go with a GEN bracelet and drop $2,500.00 I am already pretty deep as far as $$ goes on this build. Not just that I am not sure I want to drop $2,500 just on the bracelet and have it get beat up.

When this watch is all said and done and I spend roughly $1K on a decent bracelet I will be pretty damn close dollar wise to buying a GEN. Difference... The story and process of sourcing parts and building the watch. Plus 99% of all of these parts are brand new. All 16803's on the bay are used and you never know what the original owner did to them.

As far as the bracelet, I may end up going with something LIKE this.... Its from a trusted vendor (feedback) and they state that its SOLID gold and not gold plated. Wish there was someone I could talk to that has a TT bracelet from them.

I also have an extra TC V3 bracelet (with clasp) that I can pull the clasp from and install on this bracelet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310304839747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

• 1 month later...

Great project.  I have one (16613) but the only thing genuine with mine is the bezel insert, dial , crown/tube. They are great watches, not so blingy as solid gold, but very dressy.

What did you use as the base watch to accept these gen parts?

***EDIT*** NVM, found your build thread. Sorry to hijack!

What did you use as the base watch to accept these gen parts?

Started out as and old Eddie Lee TW best.however that case is non genuine construction. It will not accept genuine bezels or crystals. To take this one to the next level would require finding a case that accepts gen bezels and crystal. There are some out there, just need to find the right one.

Another nice thing about mine it has true wrapped gold midlinks. Mymanmatt put it together, and he gold plated the sides of the end links which are a big tell with most two tone bracelets