When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

alterego

I've  seen this iconic Rolex in so many threads for such a long time and I never felt much for it. Small, and obviously overrated as far as price and looks.  I thought. But that has changed. The more I see it on books, mags and internet articles the more I like it. The white dial and black subdials make the trick, I think.

I've looked in the net and a few dealers (are they to be trusted is the question) offer it from $ 89 to $ 600 dollars.

There is this dealer timecart, that has what seems to be a decent copy. The problem is he wants $499, with what is advertised as SWiss ETA 7750 movement, kind of too good to be true I guess.

I'd appreciete your advise on this before I take the plunge. I can't resist the urge to have this sucker on my wrist.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Freddie: Thank you for your time and advice.  Here is the URL to the watch I found in the net. The pics are not very good but one can get an idea.  I'm not very picky about details in a replica. My only concern is the dial quality and the rehaut, hopefully as close to the gen as possible. 

Here's the link-

http://www.timercart.com/goods-543-Rolex+Daytona+6265+OYSTER+White+Dial+Swiss+ETA+Replica+Watch.html

Cheers.

The timecart watch looks like a standard 626x rep (with all the usual dial sins - wrong fonts, wrong crown, small subdials, etc), nothing special that I can see. & you are literally throwing the dice if you are expecting to receive a Swiss 7750. Have you checked the dealers listed on RWG to see if they have (or can source) the same watch? If not, I would start there since our dealers are known quantities. Another option is to buy a standard 6263 (which most dealers have) & buy a steel bezel (ebay, etc) & swap it with the plastic bezel. Instant 6265.

A tricompax 7750 ( 7753) movement which you would need for the 6263/65 is around 600.00 USD. I know, I just bought one from Ofrei less than two months ago. I would seriously doubt that you would find an ETA 7753 movement in a 500 dollar rep!!

If that dealer is claiming that, he either doesn't have a clue, or he's scamming you. All of the moderately priced 6263's use either an A7750 movement, or a copy of one of the old Lemania movements. That movement has a non functioning hour totalizer (subdial at 6) The hand is frozen at 12 and doesn't move.

Stick to the trusted dealers here, or watch the sales forum, the 6263's come up for sale fairly often. The DW version is a pretty nice watch, however as Freddy said, they all have flaws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you gentlemen for your  tips and coments. I'll check with the RWG approved dealers and see if they carry the watch. I want a white dialed watch with black sub dials. Freddy's idea of buying a standard 65x and swap the bezel sounds good, the question is will a standard Daytona take a  bezel that I can source in the internet ? and will the same case take the white dial i'm looking for ?

I'll keep you posted about my (re)search.

Aftermarket bezels should fit, generalizations about rep parts is pretty risky, because some will fit easily, some will fit with a little modding, others are  impossible to fit. Remember these aren't gen watches where every one coming from the manufacture' will be identical.

David Wong carries what you want, but his service these days is highly erratic, take your chances.

Looking at the photos, the movement has not been converted to manual wind, still has rotor and I'm sure the Auto wind mechanism. At the least this would need to be removed to make it a true manual wind. Another fault, the case back is too thick, to accommodate the extra height of the rotor.

Stay away!!