When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP RO bracelet to strap conversion

Does any one out there have a spare set of conversion links for a Bracelet to strap conversion on an AP RO Chronograph?  I got the straps and then discovered that I need the 4 links to attach it with.  It's a seconds@9 version.

I tried that.  You have to buy the strap to get the links and I already have 2 straps.  I made my own in the end.  They came out pretty good too if I do say so myself

It wasn't quite as heroic as that.  I had an old rose gold 39mm with a worn out strap, a 21j movement that had died and half the gold worn off.  the end links were about the right size, but attach to the watch and the strap different than on the Offshore.  I had to drill both holes out to a larger size.  They were SS under the gold and I broke 6 drill bits getting the holes large enough.  Then I had to reshape the ends so that would fit the strap and the watch.  It was tedious, but with the help of my trusty dremel tool they turned out pretty nice and fit ok.  I still have to clean them up just a little but they'll do fine when all is done.  The pictures were taken after a test fit and one of the links still has a little gold on it and also marks on the top side from my vise, but they will clean up nice and once on the watch will look like they should.

I'd still like to find another set though and my other 39mm is too nice to part out.

post-51783-0-22974400-1372233630_thumb.j

post-51783-0-85890300-1372233634_thumb.j    

• 2 weeks later...