When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW David Wong 6263 Daytona with Mystery Movement - SUMMARY

watchfreund

So basically, the only solution is to use a V23, unless you have several of the Mystery movements around for parts. Another question, can the A7750 be transplanted into that case. If it can, that's another alternative and you would have all hands operating, not a faux hour counter at 6.

Let it be known that 7750 can't be transplanted due to the fact that it will not fit + pusher placement etc are not matching. I'm am speaking in respects to the DW V23 MM watch. This also applies to the DW V72 case kit.

On a very related note, even trying to fit a V72 mov't into a DW V72 case kit is very difficult. The tolerances are so poor that careful major reworking on the supposed C72 kit case must be done. Frankly, it is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced modder. Bottom line is that the V72 kit is not well made and it's not an exact fit.

I have a DW mystery movement Daytona bought about 6 years ago, when there was a flurry of buying by the forum members and David was much more reliable.

Anyway I have to agree about the diminutive size. Mine looks pristine, because I've hardly ever worn it.

I have 6.5" wrists and it just looks smaller than 38mm case,I think it's due to the fact it's a chrono - all my other chronographs are 40mm and above.

I guess I'll take it out of the watch box now, give it a wind and wear it around the house for a few hours, see if it grows on me.