When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got my new Tag but need help (not defact)

xsxces

so i JUST not got my Tag Calibre 16. looks good and i see why others mod it but i still like to product with some minor imperfections.

my problem is that i changed out the links so took pins out to disconnect the clasp.  took a couple links off and put it back together but now, the pins are too loose. when the watch is standing on its side, pins (both) will just slip out and in the middle of this chaos, one broke in half.

can anyone recommend a remedy for this? not sure what to do here now.

Also, i noticed that the back hatch is not clear (see thru) as the pics on the seller page. however, i didn't catch this during the QC pic process. anything i can do about this?

Edited by xsxces

Ugh, reminds me of the PITA it was to adjust my Tag Link bracelet. I finally got it, but fouled up the pin and had to use a paper clip to put it back together. When I took it in to an AD they just shook their head and laughed at me, but replaced the pin and mangled collar no charge! Talk about great service, too bad that when I wanted to go back to buy another Tag they had stopped carrying Tag.

OK, the link has the info that could save you some time and frustration. Pay attention to how you remove the pin, that is the key the resizing the bracelet. Once that pin is out the rest is easy!

thanks, flyr.

i think the problem is that the pin is nothing like the one shown in the pics in that post. it's just cheap, straight tube....i'm not sure where to get another 2 of these that'll fit the holes on the clasp.

i emailed the TD. no reply yet but we'll see.

The pin should be the length of the width of the bracelet, the collar is about 1/3 that length. Lots of folks who have never sized a bracelet, drive the pin out and when they turn the bracelet over, the collar falls out, usually on the floor, where it is immediately lost forever!! you have to be very careful when you remove these pins, if you don't have a proper pin pusher it's much more difficult. Everyone who fools around with watches should have a small set of basic tools, and one is a pin remover.

Here is one, they are around 10 bucks, you can get them from Ofrei, EBay ,Amazon, or any watch supply house.

post-327-0-71985300-1371771487_thumb.jpg

Not sure where you can find the collars and pins, but if you post a photo on here, perhaps someone can help you. Also, If you are removing some links, you should have a couple of spare pins and collars with the links you removed.

panerai, you might be right. i do have a set of pin removers as well as base for the watch itself among others. that's basically all i know how to do (resize and change batteries).

here are the pics.  and it looks like there is one pin and one collar. i swear i didn't drop anything but who knows. when i pulled it out, i laid them carefully and saw that both pieces were there throughout.

post-54909-0-42977300-1371779923_thumb.j

post-54909-0-07776000-1371779926_thumb.j

post-54909-0-74668500-1371779928_thumb.j

post-54909-0-52568500-1371779931_thumb.j

with hands, it seems like the pin only fits half way through the collar

OH!!!!

OK. so i put the collar in the middle of the links, then hammer (yes, small watch hammer) the pin in!

but now, i'm missing a pin. haha......

so....where can i get the pin?

Edited by xsxces

well, folks, kinda got it fixed with a pin from another watch. has to forgo the collar and just used the pin but it's not all the way in. at least it's wearable. unless someone wants to see it and tries it on. i'll fess up then. haha.

thanks so much for all your help