When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just How Good Is The Ultimate 45.5mm Po ?

Jos Nana

Guys check this out:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...75140&rid=0

A living example of someone owning the rep and removing the AR (Or is he bluffing ? Looks like gen to me).

Though I am still wondering how one can just "take off the AR on the front" :g: As a newbie I thought the AR

is a thin layer on the crystal, so how do you actually "take it off" ?

Of course you can remove the AR. You can "scratch" it off, but best way is to use some sort of chemical. I'm not sure if nail polish remover works though... :p

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys check this out:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...75140&rid=0

A living example of someone owning the rep and removing the AR (Or is he bluffing ? Looks like gen to me).

Though I am still wondering how one can just "take off the AR on the front" :g: As a newbie I thought the AR

is a thin layer on the crystal, so how do you actually "take it off" ?

The alcohol in hair spray will damage and eventually remove it. It removed the AR from my glasses that I left in the bathroom each evening.

The TZ guy has a point about external AR coating. My Breitling Seawolf Ti rep has the deepest AR I have ever seen on any watch, rep or gen, and it shows smears, dust, fingerprints etc. etc. terribly. Trying to keep it mark-free is almost impossible and I know I am having to be constantly careful I don't damage the coating.

The TZ guy has a point about external AR coating. My Breitling Seawolf Ti rep has the deepest AR I have ever seen on any watch, rep or gen, and it shows smears, dust, fingerprints etc. etc. terribly. Trying to keep it mark-free is almost impossible and I know I am having to be constantly careful I don't damage the coating.

That is something i noticed about the railmaster, i always thought that the Ar was light but i must wipe the glass hunderd times aday to get off the marking that the AR show. By the way if thatis a rep on TZ i would like to know where he got the thing as it is spot on, look at the omega sign :cc_detective: , no rep like that! and that lume B)

Guys this is a great effort. (Modders can get any AR shade they want for 60 bucks).

I hope they do do a ultimate 42mm, which I'll buy in three seconds, especially if they raise the HE valve position a tad. It's hard to see in jos's pics because both bezels have been turned slightly, but the He valve is still a tad low on the rep, but that's a side by side "tell" only.

Another vote for the ignored issue of rubber strap...

Guys this is a great effort. (Modders can get any AR shade they want for 60 bucks).

I hope they do do a ultimate 42mm, which I'll buy in three seconds, especially if they raise the HE valve position a tad. It's hard to see in jos's pics because both bezels have been turned slightly, but the He valve is still a tad low on the rep, but that's a side by side "tell" only.

The alcohol in hair spray will damage and eventually remove it. It removed the AR from my glasses that I left in the bathroom each evening.

you spray your eyeglasses with hair spray? :) that just sounds silly

jk :)

Arch - " Guys this is a great effort. (Modders can get any AR shade they want for 60 bucks). "

was that a comment or a fact?

Maybe it's different in glasses or maybe the old Pannies and Avengers were only coated on the inside, but as a hairstylist who uses sprays 10 times a day, I've never had it affect any of my watches AR. It's a [censored] to clean where the bezel meets the case and between the lugs though.

you spray your eyeglasses with hair spray? :) that just sounds silly

jk :)

Arch - " Guys this is a great effort. (Modders can get any AR shade they want for 60 bucks). "

was that a comment or a fact?

All my comments are fact, phoband. :D Seriously, I know mark provides AR for about that price, my local eyeglasses shop is slightly lower than that, and there is a thread for a new source floating around somewhere.

on ebay You see how price go on higher and higher for gen used rubber

Which is exactly why our dealers should get that rep 22mm rubber strap out pronto! They could make some extra cash from gen owners looking for a low cost equivalent to the real thing...

Since our dealers have dropped the ball on the rubber strap.

Andrew and Josh said they will not make them for the ultimate...

How is the docblackrock project going? any other gen sources?

chad

chad chad chad....(*big deep sigh*)

I told you twice now via PM this is NOT my project, I have merely been in communication with one dealer, providing him with details, photos, specs of the genuine 22mm strap, which is currently strapped to my wrist as I write :whistling:

I may or may not post a detailed comparison with the current rep 20mm SM rubber strap - they are VERY different - but depends if there's any interest from you lot.....may wait until at least someone tries to rep it at least?