When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can't resist building another 390...

projectologist

I've bought and sold 4 x 390 reps so far, always trying to refine/mod them as I can.  After the work is done I typically end up selling them right after (bored with it) and move onto the next project.

It's one of those watches I always regret selling, so I started looking for a good deal again... that's how I started this my 5th one.  I'm determined to keep this one for awhile.. LOL

Some quick phone pics showing how the dial color and subtle warm gold hands change quite a bit under different light, indoors and out.

Lots of work refining this one.

390x03.jpg

390x02.jpg

390x01.jpg

390x04.jpg

390x05.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but how are these done and what parts are being used?

The watch looks awesome btw.

Thanks!

This 390 is based on the H Factory rep with the cg replaced by the Noob factory cg.

I started by removing most of the small nicks and scratches on the mid-case and bezel.  Then I flattened and re-polished the ends of the strap screws.  Then every part that is polished got a final polish.

The Noob cg was cleaned up and re-brushed.  Both the lever pin and the roller-ball pin were removed, flattened and polished.  Next the outer lever tip was shortened to OEM length, then re-contoured.

Next was the CP which was flattened (with a very subtle dome shape) and re-polished.

The edges of the hands were cleaned up of some residual lume that was poorly applied.

The HF crown was given a new polish, as well as the inside surface that the lever engages.

That's pretty much it for now.  For me all of those little details add up when I look down at my wrist and see how close to gen a rep can look.

The movement still needs work... arrived doa and the best I could do was coax a couple of hours out of it so far.  I'll replace it.

• 2 weeks later...