When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In China, bought 15 reps, shipping help

Maccam26

As stated, bought a collection while here and thinking of doing like trusted dealers and shipping 2-3 at a time in small box by EMS to USA home. Have a gen Tissot coming back with me that is old and beaten along with 1 rep that I bought since that is allowed. I would mark as gift with 150 to 185 usd declared value for each set. You guys think this is my best bet to diversify risk? Thanks all

Edited by Maccam26

Spent about half that, been negotiating hard.. Crossing fingers as I handed 12 to ems today. The Chanel is ceramic but quartz so was quite cheap and for the wife. The others were all on average 90 to 130 us a piece. All Asian movements. The best reps in the bunch are imho the Rolex sub date, omega po seamaster 50 year bond, ap royal oak. The black iwc big pilot is also pretty good, working power but sunken date.

At the silk market in beijing, if you are savvy there are some pretty good reps, I will review the better ones on August when back at home and can take better pics. The El Toro Ulysse is awesome, just wasn't sure if the color scheme was of a gen or not but in the end I didn't care, very nice watch for weekend wear.

Between 2010-2012 I traveled to Hong Kong and China once a month for work. High end / super reps are very hard to find when you are in China. They were generally lower quality reps. The really nice stuff is what is sold online internationally. I didn't realize until recently the quality of reps available to us. I always thought reps were never that accurate. I joined the rep community about a month ago and researched every night until I finally purchased a Pam029 from Puretime. I have a whole new appreciation for super reps now. Having previously owned Pams, I was blown away!!!

Anyway, nice collection. 

Between 2010-2012 I traveled to Hong Kong and China once a month for work. High end / super reps are very hard to find when you are in China. They were generally lower quality reps. The really nice stuff is what is sold online internationally. I didn't realize until recently the quality of reps available to us. I always thought reps were never that accurate. I joined the rep community about a month ago and researched every night until I finally purchased a Pam029 from Puretime. I have a whole new appreciation for super reps now. Having previously owned Pams, I was blown away!!!

Anyway, nice collection. 

You are correct and accurate when you say that the Super Reps are hard to find,  some fairly high quality reps are available but very limited & I had to buy a few middle of the road watches from the dealer and keep coming back to build the relationship and over time... they start pulling some really neat stuff out of the hidden drawers.. I'm not kidding myself, when I order from say TrustyTime and pay $300 for a watch, I do get a product that is worth at least that..and probably better than 75% of the watches I got here but those are for my personal amusement, not because I was in search for the holy grail of rep watches.   I feel I got a really nice Carties Santos 100, very good Rolex Submariner (although clasp is not perfect) and I'm happy with the others and their flaws 'cause it's fun to enjoy that wide variety for under $1500.

Cheers mate.