When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordered watch, but not available

I just put in an order with Andrew at Trusty Time for an Omega Pro Chrono in blue ( OMG0127A 300m 2008 Pro Chrono SS Blue A-7750).

I just received an email from him saying that

" Factory called to inform that the stock of this watch below is not

available:  Please choose another watch to replace and put in a new replacement order".

He wants me to order something else. Does this mean the watch will NEVER be available? I love this watch and am willing to wait.

What does everybody think?

Thanks.

Seems like a common problem. One that has affected me before.

In my case, I didnt allow the TD to hold my money. I don't think they are too keen on that idea either. I searched hard for another watch I wanted, and guess what? Not available either... So I asked for a refund and got it fairly quickly.

This might be the safest bet.

Seems like a common problem. One that has affected me before.

In my case, I didnt allow the TD to hold my money. I don't think they are too keen on that idea either. I searched hard for another watch I wanted, and guess what? Not available either... So I asked for a refund and got it fairly quickly.

This might be the safest bet.

I have not paid for the watch. I just thought that maybe this is common and that the watch may be available in the future. If I ask Andrew, I don't know if I will get an honest answer because he may think he will lose the sale.

This is the first thing that i do when i want to place an order. Sometimes the particular model is not available and you have to wait or choose something else. When i was ordering my first rep, i waited 9 months until UN Maxi Marine Diver Chrono in RG came available. This is why i used to contact 3-5 fav' TD to check the availability. But it definitely does not mean, that particular model will never be restocked. You just have to waaaaait :-)

Yep you did the right thing William, I always check stock via email before I pay these days, saves a pita when I know the piece is hard to get  ;)  Who knows when this will be av next? Tbh keep an eye out on the boards for one on M2M sales they come up every now and then  :)  best of luck !

Yep you did the right thing William, I always check stock via email before I pay these days, saves a pita when I know the piece is hard to get  ;)  Who knows when this will be av next? Tbh keep an eye out on the boards for one on M2M sales they come up every now and then  :)  best of luck !

I second this!

Don't believe the "stock levels" on any website.

None of these TDs really keep any stock (well some do for new models they've had a hand in creating, Toro springs to mind) but most can't afford to keep all the hundreds of watches they show on their website in stock. They may have a few of the really popular lines in, but I think that's it.

They don't seem to maintain their websites very well either, I've been looking for a UPO 45mm which was added to their sites in 2007 to 2011, not made anymore but they all still list it.

Best to just always email or PM the TD and ask. I don't think any of them will deliberately lie to you.