When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eight Is Enough

jtiis

Actually, eight is a few too many. I plan on putting a few of these beauts on the block in the coming week, but for now my little collection is as large as she's ever been and I must say standing in front of the box is a nice place to start my day. From left to right here be my children:

1. "Kung Fu Panda" - Newest to the herd - Franken 3714-04 Reverse Panda. Gen Movemen, Dial, hands, crown and buckle on Peter.watch black Croc.

2."The Bold and the Beautiful" - Franken 3717. "Gen if you can see it" (Case, Crystal, Dial, Hands, Date wheel). ETA 7750 with Rep Bracelet.

3."Spots on the Moon" - Gen Omega 861 Speedmaster customized with LE 35th Anniversary Panda Dial/Hands on Peter.watch black Croc.

4. "Blue Moon" - Gen Omega Saphire Sandwich Speedmaster customized with LE 40th Anniversary Gemini Dial, Broad Arrow Hands/Bezel on Black Croc.

5. "One and Only" - Franken 1665 DRSD with Palpatinized Old School MBW case, Ubi date wheel, RepAustira Caseback, Gen Crown/Tube, Bezel, Superdome 39, CPW Dial, ETA 2836 on black Kangaroo NATO (set includes Mary's 7036 bracelet, Rivet Bracelet and gen bracelet clasp).

6. "My Pamela" - PAM 390 Super Rep - V3 111N case, 390H Dial, Hands, Caseback on Heroic 18 Strap.

7. "My First Great" - 1:1 Omega Speedmaster Date Super Dooper Rep Red/Black. My first Rep and now pretty much unobtainable.

8. "Orange Crush" - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Super Rep - Well known Planet Ocean Orange 42 running ETA and Sunnydale Super AR Crystal

In all, 2 Modified Gens, 3 Frankens to various degrees and 3 Stock/Stock/Mods.

Financials: 2 Modded High(ish) End Gens = 6 Reps (4 High End, 2 Stock/Mod) ...or to put it another way, Gen and Rep inverstment about equal. So, Rep world definitely provides more bang for the buck. But, as we say a gen is - a gen.

Thanks for looking.

post-12738-0-49114400-1373233441_thumb.j

post-12738-0-99679600-1373233462_thumb.j

post-12738-0-45265000-1373233478_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Yes, I've given some thought to the pieces I've collected over the years. I decided long ago quality over quantity. In fact, I feel with even these 8 pieces I'm "too covered" in some areas (to my thinking an use). Many Omegas (which I love) and many sports watches. I'm in a suit most days so...

Selling the 3717 (hate the idea but)

Selling the 1665 (hate the idea but again... both sportly - and though this in my only vintage and a very special one of a kind made by some of the best and long time names in Repdom -  it's time to let her go)

Selling the Speedy Date (hard decision)... my first rep... but you know - I don't wear her even though she's a great piece and one of the best 1:1 models according to Bytor's Reviews (which I read like the Bible when I first got started in all this). Better really to have someone have her who will put her to good use.

This isn't intended as a sales thread so I won't get into prices here... in a few days I hope to post them in the appropriate section, but looking at my babies in their "crib" today I thought... wow... I've spend more than 12K on these puppies - but darn if they aren't a lovely little family.

I know you're right ... Just got an email from the member who bought my JAG Franken sub and was reminded why it should still be in my box too. And, the 1665 is one if a kind while the Franken IWCs are hard to come by...but... I've some bills, only two wrists and would be blessed to have half as much in the case. So, I am now an UNmotivated seller :)... ;(