When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 hand set... Gen or Rep?

chibiunko

Buy the seller, is he a known gen dealer? I can't tell from those pics but if he's a trusted known dealer then the likelyhood that they are fake is extremely low

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SWISS-MADE-ROLEX-SUBMARINER-SEADWELLER-SET-HANDS-TRITIUM-GENUINE-PART-/261241104160?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=tEGfqETi2WxUp1pKS%252Bwq1f8jQqE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

100% feedback.. seems like a legit seller but the seconds sweeping hand has me worried.  

The end point doesn't look tapered enough.

I can't tell from the pics, but with out closeups and a shot of the back I would have passed.. I only trust vrm sales, the pics have to be good, you get to know which sellers are very good and they all offer refunds if not as described so its safer than ebay where even if someone has 100% feedback there really isn't the same accountability there is with a market like vrm

• Like 1

my concern is the second hand mostly.

I have seen, Rarely ... maybe 3 pictures, of a second hand that is so long from the base to the lume dot. 

I have made a picture to illustrate my point:
First Picture is the hand in Question and the others are from VRF:

b5ko.png

Ok, I was able to finally get some good photos in day light.

I also convinced the seller that the original second hand was NOT for 1680, even though gen.  

I gave him the OK to ship em to me.

I'm pretty confident they are real:

He did switch the second hand in question with one of my choosing.

Here is the final picture:

39ia.jpg

I believe that you did OK, very good research BTW. I'm sort of like cc33, I try my best to buy vintage parts from folks on the VRF, people there who have a history of selling genuine stuff. The problem is, as aftermarket gets better and better, it's going to get harder to distinguish the real McCoy from aftermarket. Not rep dealer stuff, but aftermarket sellers who are aiming for genuine Rolex owners who are not willing to pay the prices for genuine vintage parts. Obviously there is a big market out there, because the aftermarket sellers seem to be staying in business.