When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega 1905 pocket watch project

astonjenks

Received the refinished dial today which looks simply beautiful sat in the new case. The Omega 1905 movement is being serviced/cleaned ready for putting back together and installed.

Those who know me a little know I like Big Watches and colorful straps, Orange, Purple and so on, so I thought a patent lizard strap in bright yellow, it could equally be black or brown alligator or similar for those who are more conservative!

Completed watch photos to follow in a week or two.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-79589400-1374856009_thumb.j

post-48021-0-32781700-1374856081_thumb.j

post-48021-0-11087900-1374856130_thumb.j

post-48021-0-37632900-1374856215_thumb.j

post-48021-0-16367000-1374856469_thumb.j

Thanks Ben

There's a few coming to the end of their build/transplant. They wear really well and even with some incredible watches over the years, these get the most attention ever and are unquestionably of historic importance.

AJ

The cases I buy from a number of sources, this particular one cam from a chap in the USSR and measures 48mm to house a 43/44mm movement (size 16 in pocket watch terms). Did you see the one I posted in the Wrist Check section yesterday? I also have a conservative black strap Labrador (Omega) under Gen for sale.

AJ

• Like 1

The cases I buy from a number of sources, this particular one cam from a chap in the USSR and measures 48mm to house a 43/44mm movement (size 16 in pocket watch terms). Did you see the one I posted in the Wrist Check section yesterday? I also have a conservative black strap Labrador (Omega) under Gen for sale.

AJ

Wow astonjenks just seen the Labrador watch, what a fine piece. 50mm not sure if I could pull that off!!

Learn something new everyday reference the Labrador / Omega link, very interesting.

Awesome collection. Love those watches and thanks to your pictures I'm starting to want lizard/croc/snake-skin straps now!

Thanks Ben

There's a few coming to the end of their build/transplant. They wear really well and even with some incredible watches over the years, these get the most attention ever and are unquestionably of historic importance.

AJ

I completely agree that these have a certain appeal and uniqueness that is different from modern watches and as you mentioned, they have a very important place in watch history.

Wear them well my friend.

Thanks Ben

I have just listed the Glasshute and the Labrador (Omega) on the bay as it seems that genuine watches do not get such a following, understandable I guess, here on the Forum. I would be delighted to discuss/deal with fellow members of course and even consider some trades.

Best regards

AJ

Beautiful watches. I'm not sure I could pull off the large size of the pocket watch size watches, but for those who can one of these would make a great addition to their collection.

Obviously, these watches do have a fair amount of appeal. From the listings on EBay, converting old pocket watches into wristwatches has become something of a cottage industry in Ukraine. Considering the fact that there are probably hundreds of thousands of old pocket watches lying around, I'm sure there is a good supply of movements available.

Keep up the good work, yours are outstanding.