When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega seamaster 300M pro chrono from Toro question

myulchi

Hello. I ordered a seamaster chrono from toro and received QC pics. I was about to aprove it but then I noticed something in the QC that was different from pictures on his website. QC had lumes at 12 and 6, when the website picture didn't. Im wondering which version is the better version?

Top picture is QC.

Bottom picture is from toro website. Can someone please tell me which one is the updated version, and close to genuine? I appreciate it in advance.

post-55922-0-37018500-1375154390_thumb.j

post-55922-0-34530400-1375154413_thumb.j

Thaty watch certainly looks amazing..i wonder though what is the use of that screw on the other  side of the crown..what does that thing controls in the watch.

It is a Helium escape valve,on the gen it is used to reduce internal pressure in the watch when the watch is used for extended time in a helium rich high pressure environment.(decompression chamber)

Gen                                                                                             

smpchrono.jpgLooks kind'a like your QC pic myulchi.

• Like 1

Your qc pic is inaccurate. Google some images of the gen and you will see the differences with the lume markers and the omega text and symbol on the dial.

The newer chrono versions with red seamaster text on the dial don't have the same lume markers at 3,6 and 9 like the picture of the gen above, that's an older model pre 2008, easiest way to tell the old ones is the white seamaster writing on the dial.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your inputs. I suspected this qc to be an older model, and now I see the faulty Omega symbol and text. Thank you for pointing those out Danza1812. To think that I almost approved this, I guess even the TDs make mistakes. I am yet to hear from toro, and I'm still waiting for that steelfish qc from him as well. So far he has been very prompt in exchanging messages. I hope to hear from him soon :)

Edited by myulchi

the QC picture is an old variant and be careful cause the old versions of this watch has a certain bracelet problem, better get a new version, the one without the 6, 9, 12 hour markers..

Thank you for alerting me about the bracelet problem. I actually thought the older version looked pretty cool and almost went for it. Now I changed watch to the ceramic bezel seamaster. I hope it works out this time :)

Thank you for alerting me about the bracelet problem. I actually thought the older version looked pretty cool and almost went for it. Now I changed watch to the ceramic bezel seamaster. I hope it works out this time :)

the old bracelet had screws helding together the links and it will easily break (i hope you don't have this version), the newer bracelet has a pin and collar like system helding together the links. yeah to each of his own, yes I have the new blue version, I have been wanting the gen old version (6 9 12 markers) since my college days, can't help staring at my profs SMP,

you swapped the stock bezel with the ceramic one? if yes please post pics!