When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Date-Day

abzack

I just finished my first watch project, a Tudor Date-Day. I had an old Rolex Day-Date that I bought overseas years ago. The dial had diamond markers, and a couple changed color to an ugly brown. It has been sitting in a drawer for years. I bought the Tudor dial from a seller in HK, and it fit perfectly! The case had some ugly blemishes too, so I tried my hand at refinishing the case while I had it apart. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out for my first attempt. I hope you like it as much as I do...

31wo.jpg

7oiz.jpg

After I set the day, date and time... thinking-023.GIF

nuq0.jpg

u2n3.jpg

8d16.jpg

o2k4.jpg

Great job!  I think if you could find a gold bezel and a two-tone bracelet it would really pop!  Here's it's silver cousin...

PDD%202.JPG

Thanks JMB. Got to love those Tudors!  Yours is a beauty.  I'm happy with it as is...but I have done a couple searches for the gold fluted bezel. :g:

Edited by abzack

• 1 month later...

Great job!  I think if you could find a gold bezel and a two-tone bracelet it would really pop!

I took your advice, jmb!  I picked up a TT day-date and it came in today.  I picked up the leather strap on the bay.  I think it turned out great!  Not the best pictures though.  I'll take better ones next week when I get home.

orw7.jpg

tlo4.jpg

2sg1.jpg

gcdj.jpg