When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will a DW Bridge fit a Valjoux 72?

Guest avitt

Guest avitt

I've seen a couple of DW bridges being sold as genuine on eBay:

Rolex Engraved bridge for Valjoux 72 Daytona

Engraved Bridge For Valjoux 72 Series Rolex Daytona

...I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried installing one of these on a VJ72? The shape is completely different from the genuine bridge:

13080-3925.jpg

Last summer, I asked DW if he had any engraved bridges for the VJ72. He replied. "Sorry. Have no. I also want very much."

I guess we're all watching the same stuff on ebay. Koizumi13 has the bridge and the case, etc. Also, I've been watching Tony.Anne auction off cases, etc. The prices are high and I sure wish they'd come down. Also, what is the DW movt? Is it a bi-compax or three dial chronograph movt? I'm assuming it's not a true Valjoux 72 movt.

And I'd love to know where these cases are coming from, cause I need one! At a good price , of course!

Guest avitt
So if the DW movement is bi-compax, the only advantage it has over the Lemania copy whatever it is movt is the assymetrical pusher set up.

The real advantage is the fact that the subdial spacing is exactly the same as the VJ72.

Guest avitt
Or what do you say about this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valjoux-72-watch-case-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Its going to be interesting to see how many bids it gets...same seller. The dial is probaly from this case...

That's a beaut! 20mm lug spacing, symmetrical pushers...and get a look at that case back :thumbs: That's sure to fit a VJ72. I'm surprised it hasn't been bid up into the hundreds as well...

@ avitt, lets wait and see, would not suprise me if it goes into the hundreds very soon. With that dial and this case + a nice bracelet you have a winner watch!!

Found the perfect bracelet... actually found the holy grail

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhylamedusaQQhtZ-1

Edited by the collector

Or what do you say about this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valjoux-72-watch-case-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Its going to be interesting to see how many bids it gets...same seller. The dial is probaly from this case...

That guy is constantly parting out reps as genuine. Any time I see an interesting auction, then see Flushing, NY as the item location, I know it's him and a rep part.