When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Apparently, The Lugholes On My Gmt Ii Tw Were Rebiased...

lionsandtigers

i've got the drill press and the cobalt bits, i just have to have the time to drill......i've got my gmt II and my tw classic to re-bias and my 1680 to just drill out.

hey ubi, is that rehaut on your gmt II as deep as the tw classic sub's rehaut? my gmt II's rehaut is not quite that deep.....it is about as deep as my wm 1680's.....is that about right?

l's&t's, nice franken-gmt II ! when i saw randy's granite background, i assumed it was still his. :D

i plan to set up the press tonite and dis-assemble the watches in the next several nites so i can start drilling this weekend. the weather is forecasted as nasty so this inside project wll give me something to do.

now, here's a question for all of you lug-freaks. i have 3 watch cases on which i plan to enlarge the lug holes.....a tw classic, sub, a tw classic gmt II, and a wm 1680. i know that all the holes are to be punched through at 1.3mm, however, since all these cases are 20mm lug/bracelet width, what springbars should be used? are they all the same springbars or is there a difference? also, can someone pm me a source where to acquire genuines? i have the 925-5 springbars for the sub i bought from a member here, i just need springbars for the other ones.

20mm springbars, not sure where to get gens though, but i can use a few pairs myself, let me know if you find anything.

And we have the same collection buddy, except my 1680 is mbw, and i also have a mbw 1665.

if you get this rebiasing to work, i'm comin over and giving you a big kiss!!! or maybe i'll send my girl to do it, lol.

now, here's a question for all of you lug-freaks. i have 3 watch cases on which i plan to enlarge the lug holes.....a tw classic, sub, a tw classic gmt II, and a wm 1680. i know that all the holes are to be punched through at 1.3mm, however, since all these cases are 20mm lug/bracelet width, what springbars should be used? are they all the same springbars or is there a difference? also, can someone pm me a source where to acquire genuines? i have the 925-5 springbars for the sub i bought from a member here, i just need springbars for the other ones.

Keep in mind that, especially with SELs, you can and probably will have at least some alignment issue and that the SEL also might need drilling. Gen springbars can be purchases from any Rolex AD I do believe.

Keep in mind that, especially with SELs, you can and probably will have at least some alignment issue and that the SEL also might need drilling. Gen springbars can be purchases from any Rolex AD I do believe.

good point chief on the sel drilling. i bought the 2mm cobalt bit to drill the end links too but will allow some 'frustration' time to get the bracelet to fit correctly. i spent some 'frustration' time last night performing the simple task of fitting the nice noobmariner bracelet to my mbw......the 3 piece sel and the springbars were a little tempermental on one side of the case. i finally encouraged it to fit.......

on the subject of springbars, i have been surfing the 'bay to find some gen springbars.....i just don't like crusing into my local AD for parts. they like to sell AND install the parts.....they seem to hold us DIY types in distain.

20mm springbars, not sure where to get gens though, but i can use a few pairs myself, let me know if you find anything.

And we have the same collection buddy, except my 1680 is mbw, and i also have a mbw 1665.

if you get this rebiasing to work, i'm comin over and giving you a big kiss!!! or maybe i'll send my girl to do it, lol.

uhhhhhhh.....yeah, send your girl. :D

on the subject of springbars, i have been surfing the 'bay to find some gen springbars.....i just don't like crusing into my local AD for parts. they like to sell AND install the parts.....they seem to hold us DIY types in distain.

Yes, but I think springbars are an exception. Or so I have heard anyhow.

maybe i will :) :) :)

and she's HOT!!!! i [censored] you not, dont know what she sees in a clown like me ;)

l&t - we'll settle for pics.