When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-A 003 arrives...

projectologist

It's a really nice build.  It was put together a couple of years ago by a member in Europe. It's been FS a couple of times here at RWG. Finally made it to the States. I picked it up from a local member.

I took it apart to flatten and polish the CP.  Next was a little refinishing of the cg and pin.

The dial is beautiful... OEM from vanni.

Details and more about the case set in another post.

Some informal pics after I put it back together...

prea03c.jpg

prea03b.jpg

prea03a.jpg

prea03f.jpg

prea03g.jpg

prea03e.jpg

prea03d.jpg

Beautiful piece.

Is it just me or does the pre-A dial have a little more texture than the modern-day white dial PAMs?  Which is to say, the white part appears to have a glossy eggshell texture as opposed to the enameled finish of the modern ones?

If ever there was a dial I wish the factories could get right...

Beautiful piece.

Is it just me or does the pre-A dial have a little more texture than the modern-day white dial PAMs?  Which is to say, the white part appears to have a glossy eggshell texture as opposed to the enameled finish of the modern ones?

If ever there was a dial I wish the factories could get right...

It's definitely an enameled finish, and the weird thing is the thick edge is glass smooth (which leads me to thick it was a case of a slightly thicker application that got baked on).  Since it's from the Pre-A era, 1997, it could be from a different vendor than is being used now.  The gen Slytech dial I got to play with had the same texture.

Combine that with the extreme side lighting I used to emphasize the concentric circles of the sub secs dial, and you get an exaggerated view of that texture.  The dial surface looks glass-smooth to the naked eye.

Edited by projectologist

Gorgeous! I think the white dials are extremely underrated....

Here's one I'm babysitting...

9520168306_682f82fdca_c.jpg

Love your countertop pics!!! 

And I really love those patina'd hands :throb:

On another note...

Noticed that rep xtals only get 3 bands in their reflection.  OEM spec typically gets 4-5.  The search is on.  Hey vanni...

003hh.jpg