When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asia 7750 movement rattling

tristan80

Hi all, Im a newbie here but not new to replicas.

Today I received a Hublot rep from a reputable seller who I wont name now.

Excellent service, and the watch itself is the best Ive ever come across except for one small issue.

The movement is loose and you can see and hear it ratling against the back glass.

Normally this wouldnt bother me so much but its actually quite loud and very noticeable.

None of my other reps have ever had this problem, even the cheaper ones.

I dont know anything about watch internals, im not technically minded on these things so wondered what may be causing this? a missing seal perhaps or screws or whatever is meant to hold the unit firmly in place? should i be concerend and will it cause any damage or break over a period of time?

I have contacted the seller to see about fixing and await a reply.

Any help or opinions would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums :)

If you could remove the case back and get us a good quality photo of the internals, we maybe able to pinpoint the issue.  It could be several things, from a loose rotor, to snapped dial feet, or even movement holder screws.tabs loose.

Hi thanks for the welcome and reply.

I've had a reply from the seller and he says this is normal and not to worry however I'm not convinced as all my others are fine.

Unfortunately the case back is held on with hublot style H screws, any ideas where I may get a suitable screwdriver to remove them?

• 2 weeks later...

ive not been wearing my new watch due to this rattle, but i wore it one day for a few hours and noticed the movement kept stopping and is unreliable. most annoying and not what i expected from a brand new quality peice that cost $400. anyway a few emails to the trader and im still being completely ignored. not like the fast responses i got when i wanted to buy.

so anyway ive ordered h screwdriver set from the usa and still waiting for it to arrive.

meantime i notice somethings broken off inside and its rattling away in the case, it can be seen here in the photo stuck between the rotor and glass.

any ideas what it is and how easy it will be for a total clueless idiot like me to repair? i will get more pics up once my screwdrivers arrive.

thanks in advance.

IMG_4328.jpg

That is a movement tab , a screw goes through it and secures the movement in the watch. Don't wear or shake the watch any more as the screw could end up damaging the movement. If you find the screw when you open the watch it will be an easy fix . Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

so i finally got hold some some H screwdrivers... long story short, i ordered the ones off ebay, took 2 weeks to arrive and were wrong!

had to send them back (which cost as much as the drivers!) and wait another few weeks for replacements.

so today i took the case back off and sure enough a tab and screw fell out.

managed to put it back in place but it still looks as though there should be a third one, to the right in the photo opposite the winding crown?

this wasnt in place and there isnt anything else loose in there so i guess it wasnt put in.

ive taken apart my other replicas but they all have different more basic movements, none of the screws fit the hublot.

so any ideas where i can get one from?

however even with the 2 tabs back in place and tightly screwed down the movement is still too loose and rattles against the case back.

you can actually see the whole thing move about 1mm and i dont think a 3rd movemet tab will fix this.

any ideas how to stop the rattle?

im very disappointed in this watch, havng spent so much id expect it to be flawless. my cheaper reps costing a tenth of this one have lasted me years and are still perfect with no rattles or breakdowns. and the seller was a let down too, perfect until i mentioned a problem then all communication stopped. wont be using or recommending him.

IMG_4523.jpg

Your movement tabs, are fitted wrong my friend.  The long part should face out from the movement and tick into a groove of the case.  You may need to trim the tabs down if they don't fit.

Looks like the third movement tab, and screw are missing too.

Once you have fitted the tabs correctly, and replaced the missing parts, you should be fine :)

Edited by SSTEEL

Really?! I can't imagine a tiny screw and tab eating too much of their profits!

I actually think they're too expensive as it is! I often go to Jakarta as I have family there and I've always bought my reps in person from the shops there. And I've never paid more than £20 for a cheaper one or £40 but a high end version. Yet they charge us hundreds of £ / $ for a mail order service!

Thanks very much SSteel I'll take the cover off and have another look!

Yes I thought there was meant to be a third tab, it's definitely missing.

Any suggestions where I may buy some spares from?

You can either buy individual ones, or as a kit/lot, heres some..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-LOCKING-SECURING-SCREWS-AND-WASHERS-ETA-2836-WATCH-MOVEMENT-P47-/310707246839?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM&hash=item48579856f7

There are cheaper alternatives on the bay, but the above will do the job.

Also check this sellers other listings.. (the tabs in the link below will probably need trimming to size.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOVEMENT-CLAMP-TAB-fr-ETA-2824-2834-2836-6497-6498-7750-/321206536907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac966cacb

These are cheaper, two screws, and two tabs for under £5 delivered ;)

Swiss Movement Mounting Screw and Clamp for ETA 6497 6498 2824 2836 2892

Edited by SSTEEL

Really?! I can't imagine a tiny screw and tab eating too much of their profits!

I actually think they're too expensive as it is! I often go to Jakarta as I have family there and I've always bought my reps in person from the shops there. And I've never paid more than £20 for a cheaper one or £40 but a high end version. Yet they charge us hundreds of £ / $ for a mail order service!

Ok.. It's faster :p