When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SuperFranken 16803 Build.... Thoughts?

wiseguy1481

Okay guys... without opening a can of worms... lets just say I am back to square one with my build (pictures below).

I have a questions/feedback on what you guys think. This build is a 16803 not a 16613.... main difference is the lugholes in the case and two piece endlinks on the bracelet and clasp is all SS and not TT.

My question... I like the overall look of the 16613 (no lug holes) and solid endlinks better.... Do I abort the 16803 and jump to a 16613 build, which means sourcing a new case (probably a TC) and getting rid of this 16803 with lug holes case. I would also need to sale this TT (wso from the bay) bracelet with 2 piece endlinks and get a TT bracelet with solid endlinks.

Thoughts????

post-51930-0-41640800-1377365766_thumb.j

post-51930-0-50657300-1377365832_thumb.j

post-51930-0-02632000-1377365892_thumb.j

post-51930-0-09613400-1377365949_thumb.j

I bought all of these parts from correctime and have been told that the case is a phong case. Gen Dial, hands, DW, crown, bezel, insert, crystal and gen 3035 movement. Just the case and bracelet are REP. the bracelet is from WSO and is GREAT quality but I dont like the 2 piece endlinks.

I think I need to find a member who may be interested in making some trades.... This case really is 100% spot on and BRAND NEW. But everytime I look at the 16803 and the 16613 next to each other the solid endlinks and the solid case (no lugholes) I really like the 16613 better.

If I do move to the 16613 build I need a TC case and I also need someone to buy this WSO TT bracelet from me so I can source a TT solid endlinks bracelet, which WSO says that they have... Bracelet is also brand new as you can tell from pics.

Well after doing more research today I think I am going to stick with the 16803 build. It is more unique and will be overall a better build to add to my collection. I have two 16610 (LV & LN) already and also a YM. I also have my 16200 Datejust... I think this 16803 will put my collection over the top.

Now.......... just to find someone who can get my movement serviced/back together and then assemble the rest of the watch.

Dude 16803 hands down... 

You're about to build an epic watch.  Yes, the SELs are nice but I think theres something about the vintage NOS look you're about to accomplish.  Heck, if I wasn't so strapped for cash (you know my builds, haha) I would gladly pick up the pieces you needed to sell.  

When I bought the WSO bracelet and realized that it was a two piece endlink I PM'd WSO and requested a return, I said the picture slight misrepresented the actual item.  The picture nor description really explain it being two pieces. When I brought this up they immediately said they could modify the bracelet to have a SEL.  I did not end up going with the modified bracelet as I returned the it.  I sourced a cheaper alternative for my TT GMTc build.  Nonetheless, its a possible option worth pursuing.  

Early 16613 had lug holes, your 16803 dial would be correct for these. I am going down the same route with a ST 16610 case. Couldn't find a nice tritium blue dial within my budget so I went for the SL one and just call is a service replacement... 

Just realized you have a gen 3035, so 16803 seems to be the only option.

Edited by dropbear2008

I think I am going to stay with the build guys... I have had the input I was looking for and EVERYONE has stated to stick with the 16803. After working with and looking at the TT bracelet today with the 2 piece endlinks it does not bother me that much at all. I also looked at some GEN 16803's and the 2 piece endlink bracelets and this WSO bracelet is spot on.

With that said... anyone have a V4 (newest version) of the TC clasp you would like to sale me?

Thanks for all the feedback and advice. I am working with someone now to get this build completed.

Either way you are OK, the early 16613's had lugholes for quite a few years and they also had the flat 4 inserts like yours, tritium dials as well. I couldn't find anything about the size of the numbers on the DW which are definitely different on some models. It looks like the primary difference between the early 16613's and the 16803's is the movement 3035 vs 3135, the early 16803's had and all SS clasp, the gold middle section came later. Both had Tritium dials. So pretty much the same watch from the outside. One problem that seems to come up on the gen forums, as the 16803's and early 16613's are 25+ years old, a lot of them have cycled through RSC's over the years. Resulting in 16803's with service lumi dials and hands, different bracelets, newer crowns/tubes, etc. So basically from the parts you have, you could call yours a 16803, or a 16613. Only thing is the 16613 never had a 3135 movement, so that would be a "Gotcha", but only if you someone wanted to look at your watch, and happened to have a Rolex case opener in his pocket!!!

Good luck with your build, either way it's going to be awesome.