When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

F spring on an A7750

436NR

Main spring click. Without it your watch will never run.

So this is why the main spring is unwinding at the stem now?

I'm still looking for a pic guide. It seems that most of the tutorials on here have lost their images. Can you guide me to some diagrams for the A7750 please?

Is this something that I can do myself or do I need to send it off?

Thanks!

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you SSTEEL, yes that diagram will be very helpful in the future as I dig a little deeper and start to work on my 5 y/o 7750.

Rolexman> that would be awesome! Thank you very much!

Thanks again Rolexman! That is awesome! Fortunately the mainspring click is in place. Unfortunately it was the reversing wheel click! I poured through so many images and threads and finally found one that provided me some reference. I took the bridge off again and put it back. I spent a couple of hours putting it back together (that damn clutch with that tiny gear). I also figured out on my own (so proud) that the little hole above the reversing wheel click was to engage it once I had the bridge back on. All back together!

Looks like the balance assembly is binding. The watch won't run at all anymore. I think what Andrew told me to do put the nail in it. He had me wind the watch 30-40 times and slap the watch HARD against my palm. That basically killed it. It was intermittent before... now it's permanent!

At this point I'll make arrangements to send it back to him.

Thanks again! I look forward to learning more from you!

Yes , the tilting pinion is a pain! Good job on getting it back together but too bad it isn't running... If the watch does not run wheter the chrono is on or off there is a big chance the tilting pinion is not seated correctly. The tilting pinion picks up the power from the gear train and transports it to the chrono second hand.

Yes , the tilting pinion is a pain! Good job on getting it back together but too bad it isn't running... If the watch does not run wheter the chrono is on or off there is a big chance the tilting pinion is not seated correctly. The tilting pinion picks up the power from the gear train and transports it to the chrono second hand.

I think there is a general problem with the regulator mechanism! At one point I want to say that I saw what looked like a loose jewel under the regulator near what looks like that ratcheting wheel. At one point that wheel spun freely when I touched with the head of a needle. I barely touched it! I think something definitely came loose when I slapped it a couple times. There was a pinkish mass wedged under that arm under the regulator. I'm sure nothing I did above could've caused that. I believe that something came loose there that was binding the regulator and causing the movement to stop. I think this arrived with a problem from the factory.

I'm try to get the TD to take back as defective. If not, then I'm going to need some help with this project!

Wait! So you're saying that if the tilting pinion is not set properly regardless that I have everything set properly on her then the regulator will bind up and not run? Do I have to take it apart again?! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Wait! Before everyone dog piles on me… This thing stopped working before I opened it up. I only opened it at a member's suggestion to see if there was something loose that was jamming the works. I found the reversing wheel click laying loose. I didn't mod it or change anything.

But in all fairness, I will let the TD know what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've decided to drop in a gen movement complete with dial and hands.

I'm going to attempt to fix the Asian movement myself. With a 10x loupe I can see that the escapement is missing a jewel from one of the hammers. I'm pretty sure that's what's jamming it up. I have some spare parts.

I'll be doing a lot of research on the best way to disassemble and reassemble. I may need some guidance here as well.

Thanks again!