When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea-Gull ST1940 Automatic chrono movement in reps

gran

How common is the Sea-Gull ST1940 AUTOMATIC chrono movement in replicas?

NB!!! Yes! Yes! I known its mother the Venus 175/ST-19 is super common in handwind chrono replicas

218249d1253336418-sea-gull-automatic-chr218250d1253336418-sea-gull-automatic-chr

• 33 JEWELS/ FREQUENCY - 21'600 BPH
  • No date!!!
  • Chronograph

It is seen in at least one replica the PAM288 K 1:1 Best Edition ST19 $298 so not super expensive

PAM-2012-06-30-07_enl.jpg

http://puretime.co/p...t-edition-st19/

It is not a replacement for the A7750..so how many replicas is this automatic good for?

very uncommon gran, i was looking at these movements a year or so ago ans it is a nice development, what i would like to know is if the subdial at 6 follows the hour hand or is actualy part of the chrono? 

Subdial at six should follow the hour hand

ST1940: 2 register, small seconds at 9, 30 min counter at 3, automatic

I recently purchased a "Kemmner" Chrono which is rep of the famous Heuer Bund 2 register German Mil watch. It is powered by the Seagull movement & it works like a charm! All aspects are right on, chrono function is precise as well. I also have seagull handwind movements in a couple historic Pam reps. Same story they perform beautifully!

My Best, mcotter

it is a crying shame that the subdial at 6 is not a 12 hour counter, i mean who the fcuk need a small hour hand that just follows the main one????

In most cases the dial at 6 is not used at all

BTW ST1908 has a moonphase at this location

The sellita SW500 is the best 7750 like movement around, some say its an improved version of the 7750