When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know if there are reps of these?

SixthFloor

I'm looking for a few specific rep watches that I can't seem to find anywhere.

I'm new to this whole scene so I'm not really sure if any of these actually have reps out there but if they do, someone please let me know where I can get them.

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up and I know for a fact that he wants two of these and the other one I think he would really like so if anyone can help please let me know :)

The first one is the Hublot Tourbillon Skeleton (The one I think he would like)

21408_617109364976762_1321712395_n.jpg

Next up is the Hublot Vision Classic Dubai (Which he has expressed that he would kill to have one, rep or gen)

1240025_621275274560171_856693702_n.jpg

And the third, which I know for a fact he wants above any other is the Richard Mille RM055 in white 

RM55_C_1_25_zps7dc7b62d.jpg

If anyone can give me any information on whether these reps exist/where to get them if they do, I will love you forever.

No on the vision mate

But there are skeleton and Tourbillon Hublot BBs and there are some poor RM tourbillons... but I wouldnt bother with them.

Personally I would PM "Flying Dutchman" he is an afficienado on Hublot skeletons etc :)

They are on the trusted dealer sites mate :)

for example

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=279_382&sort=20a&page=1

http://www.puretime.co/category/big-bang-tourbillon/all/

There are some new versions of the RMs mate large and small..I can never remember the designations.... is it 11 and 09?

If there is a 55 out there mate it will be bloody awful... canal street junk....

If you want a decent OTB rep then I would really suggest the HB versions... but the RM11 is a nice watch..well built just not accurate ... plus the early release had the T missing off the Titanium on the side of the case ...

But there are other Skeleton type reps that might fit the bill..... but it really is best to search one dealers site.... they ten not to vary too much ...an it will give you an idea...and if you find something but say its only in RG then its worth contacting dealer direct and asking if its available in SS etc7

Personally if I was after one I would start by conatcting someone like Sead an asking what is your take on any decent skeleton reps out there around 45mm etc...these guys know alot about whats available and what is cheap and what is decent :)

So why hasn't anyone repped these watches? I don't really understand how it works or who makes the reps or decides which ones to make but I'm assuming it's because they are difficult to replicate? I saw the RM skull tourbillon rep and it looked off. I'm not sure exactly why, but it didn't look like the gen.

It's too bad about the RM055 though, as I could only find one gen for sale for around 85k :/

Reps really come down to the market as any product.... or rather good reps...

Putting aside the issue of movements etc

Makers have to invest a lot with their subbies to create and then produce ... they work on non refundable payments and minimum quantities... so that investment must guarantee a return... sticking to the more saleable or popular models ensures that return... its really that simple... there are many threads here that discuss how the process works which are worth looking for...

However you will I am sure be able to find something that is repped and good quality that your dad will like... what you need to do is expand your criteria and maybe even your thinking in that regard....

Maybe start with the more basic things....size, shape, quality, accuracy, strap/bracelet, dial face type (eg. roman, lume, subdials, colur etc), then also material, SS or RG etc then possibly brand.... you can start very quickly to hone it down to something your dad will like and wear and taht maybe he aint thought of yet... maybe a Frank Muller or a Roger Dubois or a Cartier..etc etc

There are some great reps out there but you need to widen your search parameters to start with and you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

As for complications etc... yes makers avoid these as much as they can and stick to standard movements which on occasion they modify to meet a particular models requirements.. so then by doing so they are limited by case sizes, DW position, sub dial positions etc etc.

Also, I guess it makes sense that it would be difficult to replicate the skeletons accurately, but why has nobody repped the dial with the arabic numerals?

Here is a link to probably the best Skeleton you will see of a HBB.... its been modded and is up for sale here...pricey yes but given its Tourbillon and modded so well...its good value :)

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=213951

Sorry thats the VIP link here is the regular link

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=213952