When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SINN U1 - short review

marrickvilleboy

Purchased this a while back from Trusty.

A very nice replication of the original.

I purchased the asian 2813 movement. My best recommendation is to stay away from the asian movement and stick with the ETA. Mine came with choppy seconds sweep and it was running too fast as well. The ETA is worth the $, and a service will ensure it will run well going forward.

Here's a short commentary on what i've noticed in terms of weaknesses.

1) The dial lume is too green (i've painted mine white and relumed)

2) The red on the hands are too dark (i've painted mine with a lighter red)

3) The engravings on the backcase is too shallow (but nonetheless, accurate otherwise)

4) No lume on the 12 o'clock marker on the bezle (i've lumed mine)

5) The clasp looks cosmetically accurate to the genuine thing but not sure in terms of functionality.

Overall, definitely a super-rep and can easily be modded to make it even more accurate.

I'm an Omega  / Rolex fan but this caught my attention as its a perfect watch for water-related sports. Runs a little heavier but just emphasizes this "tool" watch.

photo10_zps51d4d9f4.jpg

Thanks mate :)

Is this an updated version? You mention you got it a while back...recently the maker has been rolling out updated versions...the main difference has been the Lume and AR... but it varies... not all models have been updated yet..

I have an Ultimate...they havent updated the spelling error on the CB but the lume is better as is the pearl and AR...

Another thing for anyone worried about scratching their deployant clasp and it showing...thinking the gen is tegimented...(hardened steel)

Sinn offer 2 versions of the clasp...one is tegimented and one is BB standard SS.... so dont worry about scratches on the rep :)

How about a lume shot now you have modded it   :)

Thanks again :)

• 3 months later...