When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grandpa's Watch

jtiis

Our lil' community has always feasted on the IWC brand and why not - they make great watches!

While it's true many of the factories are churning out great pieces these days (QC issues notwithstanding), some of the oldies from the "Grandpa years" of yester year hold their own... or... still stand atop the hill.

This beaut comes from the days when "Swiss Movement" really meant "Swiss Movement"

Just received her today from a member on another forum and I'm so happy to add her to the box ... ; the venerable IWC 3227.

Hope they do a super of the new design of this model, but until then and even after... she's stunning.

Great AR, meaty and accurate bracelet, sharply detailed dial ... altogether loverly.

Clean up a couple of surface scuffs and we'll be just fine! (BTW, anyone just happen to have an old Lello for this puppy you give me a holler' ya hear!)

post-12738-0-67375900-1379554578_thumb.j

post-12738-0-39329000-1379554597_thumb.j

Thanks. I'm amazed at how comfy this this is on the wrist. It doesn't have large diameter, but the crown is fairly pronounced and it has good heft... but... on the wrist... just great. I think one thing that helps the protruding crown NOT be a PITW is the uniform thickness of the watch head itself. The crown sits up just enough that it doesn't dig into your wrist... even as much as a standard R. Sub... very happy!

Thanks Gran. Wow, you've been here only 2 years longere than I have but you've put up 12x the number of posts. Jeez Louise - and - good for you/us "grandpa" :)

you should have seen all the posts on the old RWG, those were the days ;)