When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superocean Steelfish

Gav_tt225

Okay so im looking at picking this up from Trusty and after a lot of investigation I'm aware there are 2 versions. Now obviously I'd like the latest version and Trusty offer the H Factory option which I hope is the latest one. Anybody able to confirm this as the only answer I'm getting from Trusty is 'yes in stocks' lol!!! It's also $388 so hope it is V2

Thanks for the heads up on this! that's a whole $180 cheaper than what Trusty is offering. I assume the extra cost is for nickel plated Swiss 2836 as Toro offers Asian ETA clone? Is there any real difference between the two and is the extra cost justified?

Also noticed it does actually say V2 on the Trusty one... D'OH!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up going with the Swiss from trusty, pulled the trigger on Friday , QC pics the following day and already with fed ex. Read quite an interesting thread over on RWI about a lot of Asian steel fishes having a different mechanism inside and quite a few problems... So thought best go with Swiss.

There is always the chance of a "bad batch" but even still I do not think there is an issue with the Asian clone.  Its recommended that with any new watch you send it for a nice service; swiss or asian.  To each his own, its a great watch nonetheless.  I hope to pick up a blue dial one soon.

That's good to hear guys that your Asian clones are running well. The thread I was reading on rwi had quite a few people saying that the mech inside wasn't the Asian clone but something else again but very similar, causing probs with the date change. Luckily for me it's a birthday present so the extra cost for Swiss isn't a problem now lol.