When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My watch stops - but only on the wrist. What gives?

EMM

So I have a 21j/DG2813 motor in my 6204.  If I leave it sitting on my desktop it runs like a champ.  Really good PR, and keeps great time.  But on my wrist it just stops from time to time.  I'll wear the watch for a day and it will be 2-3 hours off due to the stopping.  When it stops, usually it starts again after 30 seconds or so.  But even if it doesn't, I can tap it with my hand on the crystal or side and it will start again.  

When I say "stop," I really mean it, too. No ticking or anything.  Just like it wound down.  

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks

It sure seems tight, but that's a good thought. The case has no grooves for the tabs.

Ok, new info. If I unscrew the crown to the first stop, it runs fine on my wrist for hours. Screw the crown in, and it stops within the first 30 minutes. But it runs fine on the desk with the crown screwed down.

Do you often get a shock when getting out of a car if you touch the metal of the door.?

What is your job, work around a strong magnetised field?

Just trying to eliminate the possibility of you being the problem.