When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with Fastener Ring

Cromag

I'm hoping to tap into the collective here to find a quick solution to my problem. I received a new 3777 rep to find that the button/pin on the clasp falling out because it is missing a fastener ring to hold it in place. TD says he cannot get the ring from the maker because the bracelet is from a different source. He says I need to mail back the bracelet for return/repair.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a ring fastener to fit without mailing back the watch.

Pics

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Go to the Fasteners section of a good hardware store and look at their selection of "e" clips or "c" clips. They come in very small sizes and you might get lucky.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380560040.841139.jpg

thanks @Nanuq

I'm on my way! :)

Those are very small clips, I've not seen any hardware store sell them that small.

Try eBay or google.

A good idea would be to remove the one you do have and use a micrometer to measure the internal and external sizes.

Forget the hardware store, as fraggle said, you are not likely to find clips that small there. But, while you are out, stop in at any watch repair shop & they will probably give you a couple. Some eyeglass shops may have them as well. Failing all that, you may have to learn how to navigate ofrei or 1 of the other watch parts houses' websites.