When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob v2 116610LN is it the best?

irolexu

Hey guys, I recently bought a V2 from a local member and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. Case shape is spot on, bezel rotation is smooth, crystal height is perfect, dial is very crisp and the luminova looks fantastic and holds charge, pearl is unbelievable and the SEL is great although not perfect. I have owned the gen and this watch just feels like the same watch!

It already has a few mods like platinum paint mod and cyclops aligned. I'm wanting to do a few more mods. Any suggestions?

Also I must say this V2 is like owning a TC 16610 in terms of perfections!

Few pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

BP is good because we were comparing it to a V1 when it first showed up but honestly the BP isn't that great unless you mod it. It comes 9/10 times with way to much date mag, crap buckle, overly tightened bezel and a poor clasp writing. V2 model shows that they really paid attention to detail. There is no curviture that is sloping off to the side as per gen like BP has instead the lugs are flat and slope down really giving the watch a nice squared up stance which is a very strong gen like feature in case design. Everything else has been fixed compared to BP 116610 such as good date mag, nice AR, great glide lock clasp, smooth bezel, etc.

• Like 1

I have to agree with you. I have a noob v2 and I really like it--and this is coming from a guy that isn't really into rolex watches. Rep or not its a very nice watch.

Only problem is that the DW came loose inside and hopefully can be serviced. If not, I'll order another one.

I have to agree with you. I have a noob v2 and I really like it--and this is coming from a guy that isn't really into rolex watches. Rep or not its a very nice watch.

Only problem is that the DW came loose inside and hopefully can be serviced. If not, I'll order another one.

If your conus give mymanmatt a PM he can fix it for a fair rate

Thanks. I sent it off to him. Hopefully it can be fixed.

I handled a gen 116610LN today and realized that although the v2 is really nice, it's still a bit different from the gen. The thing that grabs me immediately is the bezel insert. The gen engraving is so much sharper and deeper. I also realized how necessary the platinum mod is.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not like your buying a canal street watch don't get me wrong the watch is good but in this hobby patients is everything. If you can't snag a v2 and they stay out of stock for awhile you can opt for the BP version which is constructed the same. If you can return it or turn it down and use a credit just get a BP and ask if your TD can swap the bracelet for a noob strap. (My TD did this for me once and it was an amazing fit) good luck!

If you regret your purchase it is not fair to the seller to request a "refund". You will see many sales threads that are "Catch and Release" AKA I do not like this watch here it is for sale..

This is true if the watch has shipped but hey if your in the QC stage then I think it's fair to say you can have them switch it :drinks: