When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this thing fake?

Kl2onik

He knows his reps to a degree.... notice the care he takes with the angle/distance of pics....

Not that it would fool most AP guys on here... but he clearly knows what guys generally say to look out for on gen forums....

Most good scammer piggy back higher feedback users ... with zero its hopefully... but there is always one fool...who generally posts a thread on a gen site saying

" I bought this but something dont feel right...what do you guys think?........ " blah blah......  ;)

Reporting does nothing on ebay from my previous experiences...I just hope the chump that buys this actually takes the time to get it verified!  Seller denied the item being fake and assured me he purchased it at Tourneau.  Hey someone elses headache.  Sadly the guy will just make a new ebay account next time and do it again. 

My own experience and what I have seen the forums is that it is or seems to be hit and miss. Generally if a report on here in the scamming section gets a few replies with guys reporting it seems to get taken off however if I see a rep etc being advertised and report it nothing seems to happen so maybe it works on the number of reports from different ebayers I don't know.

Once I stated I would inform buyer after auction if it wasn't removed, I had already reported it normally but nothing had been done and as it wasn't a private listing I said I would tell buyer and show him a screenshot of my first report to eBay and I would be sure that the buyer would take matters further.

I got a reply stating loads of disclaimer stuff but the item was removed. Of course I wasn't sure how or if I could contact buyer but the bluff did seem to work.

Having said all that I genuinely believe that the more reports a scammer gets during auction the more likely its removal. Hence why I also think we have the specified sub forum here so we can all get involved and hopefully get the item removed after all it is in all our interests to do so:)