When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TrustyTime or PureTime 116600-116610 LN Noob

payhomage

I want to buy the best Submariner Ceramic Bezel, found out that the 116610(LN?) is the best one.

I've been talking to PureTi.me and TrustyTime, i found these:

http://www.ttw888.co...oducts_id=10408

http://pureti.me/pro...-edition-a2836/

are those both 116610?

Andrew states on his website it is 116600 but in description of the watch it says it replicates the 116610

Also, the video for Andrew shows a very dim lume, is that just cause the lume didn't have enough time to charge up or is that how i will see the watch?

Anyone have any watches from TrustyTime or PureTime and pics? Please post I need more reference before buying..

PureTime says they dont have it in stock, but Andrew says he has it in stock and ready to ship.

Also:   TrustyTime has 116600A - 116600B - 116600C . I know he states that they are just changes in the movement from Asian to Swiss and higher prices but are there any differences to the watch itself?

Which one should I buy?

THANKS ALL AHEAD OF TIME!  :)

BUMP: Just did some more research, I believe the link i posted for Andrew is a link to what people refer to as a 'BP' sub? And that the BP is not as good as the Noob version - which I believe PureTime is linked to. Can someone confirm this?

Also, just found this site while researching that shows they have stock for the 116610LN!

http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=1219

It seems he has the Noob Factory and BP Sub-116610 LN??

Has anyone bought from him before?

Thanks!

bp,the noob v2 insert is utter crap,and bp is way cheaper,but if the v2 noob had good insert and better sel i would get that

Utter crap is a bit harsh dont ya think?  I mean the BP does have the wrong insert angle/shape mimicking the classic aluminum insert vs the new ceramic insert design which is flatter.  BP bracelet is a huge opportunity whereas the noob v2 is solid... but then theres the SEL gap on the v2? Pick your flaws and enjoy the watch.

As live1 said, the combination of both SubCs will net a decent watch.  Flawed, yes but nice nonetheless.  How much do you want to spend?  That will help guide your selection and mod plans.

• Like 1

Who would be a forum modder? 

I see RolexMan or a long that lines is booked until Jan?

I heard of a guy named Matt that does great modding on DJ, hopefully he can contact me back and we can work something out..

I'm thinking of buying this one http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10410

and putting in a gen dial and bezel

How much would the modding run my pocket though? And who would I take it to? Forum watch modded or am I supposed to find someone nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I hope you understand that the project you are planning for yourself with the given mods your listing this build could easily hit 1.5k.  Plan, plan, plan and price it all out.  You may decide to go another route.

I was thinking of spending a max of 1,000 excluding the price of the Rep Watch itself. But I did see a Rolex dial that was beautiful but had a small flaw ( I believe the back of it was scrapped of the marking) for $250, so that's a great price, no?

My current issue is this: the link I uploaded above of the blue sub, Does the bezel have that flat matte color finish to it? Or is it glossy like the pre-2010 16610?

I think yaron is right... if you are going to spend the best part of 2,000 then better to save another year and buy a genuine and be done with it. But if this is a hobby then by all means knock yourself out. But it won't ever be genuine and thats the problem.

Good luck though, sounds as though you are determined to get the best rep out there.

Careful when buying dials on eBay. Especially for 250.00 bucks. Chances are it's a gen refinished and they like to word it tricky so make sure it's completely unrefinished and factory. I have bought a few to only find out it's just gen base plate with aftermarket paint and print

Who would be a forum modder? 

I see RolexMan or a long that lines is booked until Jan?

I heard of a guy named Matt that does great modding on DJ, hopefully he can contact me back and we can work something out..

I'm thinking of buying this one http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10410

and putting in a gen dial and bezel

Hi You are located in NY so I do not think a modder from EU is the best choice. I started some weeks ago the thread 'Noob or BP'. Puretime (Angus) only sells Noob and Trusty Time (Andrew) only sells BP. The best combination seems to be: the case of the BP and the dial, hands and bracelet from Noob. The lume on the Noob is better than the lume on the BP. You can see the pics of both versions in my post. When you buy the cheapest BP from Andrew with 21J movement I would search for a bargain Noob with a Swiss movement and ask a modder in the US to make the best Sub Date from both watches. With the Noob I can help you out. 

The link to the 'Noob or BP' post: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/161432-submariner-noob-or-bp-factory/page-5?hl=%20noob%20%20or%20%20bp

Edited by aa007210