When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel 1911 Discovery - Gen

dutch937

Surely you have seen this old one:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/81129-review-of-ebel-1911-discovery-chronograph-asian-7750/

One of the best reps ever for sure but of course nothing beats the gen which has superior details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just wanted to share some pics of one of my favourite watches. Does anyone have an Ebel rep and if so, post some pics and some feedback on what you think of it.attachicon.gifIMG_0212.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0218.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0227.jpg

my boss has this GEN EBEL, and i thought it was beautifull, i was about to purchase a rep untill i saw the movements... UGHHHHHH they are sooooooo not close to the original...

thus, i think its an AWESOME watch but the rep is really not anywhere near the real deal :(

ill stick to pan, hublot, and a couple others out there that have very meticulous movements :)

oh and special feature.. i loveeee the vanila scented ruber... damn those GENS

does anyone know of any reps with scented ruber? or im guessing you just buy the real band...

cheers

Edited by sirdiesel

my boss has this GEN EBEL, and i thought it was beautifull, i was about to purchase a rep untill i saw the movements... UGHHHHHH they are sooooooo not close to the original...

thus, i think its an AWESOME watch but the rep is really not anywhere near the real deal :(

ill stick to pan, hublot, and a couple others out there that have very meticulous movements :)

oh and special feature.. i loveeee the vanila scented ruber... damn those GENS

does anyone know of any reps with scented ruber? or im guessing you just buy the real band...

cheers

Surely you're joking. The Ebel 1911 Discovery chronograph is widely regarded as one of the most accurate reps you can buy. The caseback is closed so you can't see the movement. The A7750 is a solid movement, and the gen uses the ETA 7750, which is easily swapped into the rep if you feel the need. I never have, and love the rep.

ebel_discovery.jpg

Surely you're joking. The Ebel 1911 Discovery chronograph is widely regarded as one of the most accurate reps you can buy. The caseback is closed so you can't see the movement. The A7750 is a solid movement, and the gen uses the ETA 7750, which is easily swapped into the rep if you feel the need. I never have, and love the rep.

Oh yes without argument a true super rep.... Lubbly jubbly :)