When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep repair in Los Angeles/SFV

Hi everyone,

A few months back I bought a used Rolex Explorer I from chiman12. The transaction went great, and the watch that arrived was absolutely gorgeous, and in perfect working condition. My thanks to chiman12 for sending me such a great watch at such a great price.

Anyway, fast forward to last weekend. I was at a wedding, and must have bumped into something, because now the watch is making a funny noise, like a part has fallen loose, and is tumbling around inside (sounds like it is scraping against the caseback).

The good think is, the watch itself is still keeping time perfectly, and the automatic movement still runs beautifully... I think something just became dislodged and is tumbling around on the inside.

ANYWAY. Wondering if there is anyone (preferably a member) in LA/SFV that has even minor watch repair skills, just to open it up and see if they can re-attach whatever is klinking around. As I said, the movement still works perfectly, so I think this is simply a minor issue.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated!

Had the same issue with one of my TC subs. The rotor comes off. I tried reattaching mine several times but it is only press fit and kept coming off. I finally replaced the rotor assembly and haven't had a problem since. It's incredibly easy. Note, if it is the rotor, your watch will eventually stop unless you manually wind it. I happen to be in LA but am not a watchsmith.

• Like 1

Had the same issue with one of my TC subs. The rotor comes off. I tried reattaching mine several times but it is only press fit and kept coming off. I finally replaced the rotor assembly and haven't had a problem since. It's incredibly easy. Note, if it is the rotor, your watch will eventually stop unless you manually wind it. I happen to be in LA but am not a watchsmith.

Thanks, I will look into this.