When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Cartier tank....

xsxces

greetings,

been eyeing a couple cartier tanks for my wife as she has been impressed with a couple of my reps. 

she has a gen tango and would like a tank.

i was hoping buddies here can help me with selection.

http://www.p-cls.com/cart10014-tank-franchine-sapphire-crystalswiss-2671-p-298.html

or

http://silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_128_170&products_id=1275

i've read at another forum that there aren't any good tank reps around but wanted to see what you guys think.

also, the drawback for cartier seems to be the color of the dial?

can anyone provide some opinions on this?

TBH mate...I know little about the ladies reps of these..other than what I read which sort of gel with what you say as well as the case size and DW etc....  that is subject to maker and entry point...

However I would say that the guys that talk about these are like most of us...pretty anal and in my own experience with ladies reps... as long as the reps arent glaringly wrong then they are going to be fine on the wrist and unlikely indeed very unlikely to attract eyes of criticism...for some reason ladies watches dont suffer the brutal eyes that mens watches do and so my advice would be that if it looks good ie nothing stands out and the price is good value then go for it..... I am certain you or rather your Mrs would not feel uncomfortable with it.... Cartier have so many variations that tbh most reps as long as quality of build is there do look the part...

Unfortunately this forums or rather some of its members are so skilled at spotting the flaws that we end up over criticising some of these reps to a point that no one in the real world would ever notice or challenge.... especially so in my own experience with ladies watches

The better reps are very well made and do look every part the gen on the wrist....

I do also recall that Angus at Puretime released a few new Cartiers a few months back now whether tehy are updated or same maker I couldnt say but can say its worth a look... :)

I have had the mens Cartiers and have always been impressed with them on the wrist.... yes not perfect but as said I doubt very much it would ever be spotted on the wrist.. ;)

Personally if your Mrs likes it I would get it..... I do that when buying ladies watches myself.... I do some quick research of the gens and as long as my eye doesnt catch anything glaring obvious I get it.... I tend not to rely on comments on forums as it can taint the true feel of the rep on the wrist... ;)

I wish I could do that with my own reps... ;(     Sorry I cant help more mate... :)

:)

PS If you are keen to search more and assuming you havent already then try searching ladies reps rather than being specific...you tend to find these models get discussed in threads starting about best ladies reps rather than model specific...if you know what I mean. :)

I purchased a ladies Tank for my wife some time ago.  Looks good on the wrist, but definitely NOT a good rep compared to gen.  Case is way too thick and not even close to gen.  Dial works, but the watch is too thick and mis proportioned.  Bracelet looks ok, but all and all the ladies rep is mediocre at best.  My recommendation would be to buy the men's Tank and have her wear that.  The men's Tank looks great, even on a woman's wrist. 

I was just reading that there are some new versions due soon so it might be worth hanging on :)

The case size will vary mate as the makers use bigger cases to fit the movements they have... so possibly a quartz will be more accurate...do not assume especially with ladies watches that quartz means less accurate in terms of build details etc...

You should make sure that whatever you decide that the feedback you rely on is based on the same version and makers model... ;)

thanks, PeteM.

where have you read that new ones are coming...and how soon, do you know?

It was a post from Angus mate.... time wise I think you might see them coming out over xmas and CNY etc