When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Steelfish V2 seconds hand and gen pics - should I buy it?

Nightwatch

Hi Experts and Owners, I was checking out today if I should get Toros Steelfish V2, H - Factory as my first Breitling rep. After deciding YES, I stumbled on this watchuseek post (nice one):           http://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/breitling-superocean-steelfish-x-plus-a17390-468978.html       and found the seconds hand looks quite different (please check pics), the dial numbers a little.

Question: is this noticeable in real life? Should I bother or take it anyway? Would You buy Yours anytime again? Attached some comparison pics of a gen and below as last Toros V2.  Thx for any answers/comments because I am yet deciding. Its a short post because I am in that "cantwaitanymorehaveto getitnowstate" :bangin: How does it feel? did You waterproof Yours? Pls. help me out guys:) enjoy the pics

post-57433-0-15163200-1383858200_thumb.j

post-57433-0-63999900-1383858201_thumb.j

post-57433-0-04701300-1383858203_thumb.j

post-57433-0-49110500-1383859211_thumb.j

i've owned every color of rep steelifish v1...as good as they are, there's NOTHING like the gen...the dial and the fit/finish of the gen is 10x better than the rep...and the rep is very good!...i purchased a gen blue dial (the rep isn't even close in color to the gen!) and have a gen black dial franken rep...the dial makes all the difference...the refraction of light that comes off the gen dial's concentric circles is stunning...

that said, the reps are good - but noticeable not close to gen...so if you don't care about how close it is to gen, buy rep, wear and enjoy!

R

Remarkably good reps of this watch have been around for at least 5 years now!....At one time Asian movement models could be had for under $100 at a lot of sources...

I still have a blue dial model that finds its way into my rotation every couple of months...The fact that it has an Asian movement, and no discernable A/R doesn't bother me at all...

• 4 weeks later...

One month later....... Thank You all, convinced me, so I ordered it with white dial on the 10th November and got caught in the Asian postage tohuwaboo after the 11.11. so another weekend without it arriving will pass.... patience..... patience..... patience :fishing1:

13th December 2013 update:  "cantwaitanymorehavetogetitnowstate" since 07th November..... goodnews is: the snailpost tracking system informed it is nearer than 1 week ago..... patience, patience,,,, :fishing1: for another weekend