When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best dealers of Pam straps?

gavinelli

Ello guys,

Hoping some one could steer me in the right direction to the best quality replica straps for my Pam 111 from puretime. Looking for something nice to alternate with my dealer strap. Also how do i go about interpreting measurements for different straps and finding out what size my dealer strap is in the first instance?

Thanks gav

Ps. I tried the search function but unfortunatley like on many of the forums i use i had very little success finding what information im after.

Edited by gavinelli

i

There are a plenty of them

i understand there are plenty of them but im having a hard time trying to find dealers. even then i wouldnt kno wether they were reputable or not as my knowledge is no where near as a good as the wider forum community. i mean ive seen the usual trusted dealers offerings including your good self and there great just want to make sure im not missing any other options

I just wrote out a long answer and my firefox crashed Grrrrrr !!

I am hoping you dont just mean straps for your PAM I really do hope that is not the question especially given your search comment...

On the basis you are after rep straps...

Basically you can get most rep straps from most dealers..

Start by going to the dealer sites select PAMs then choose accessories you will see many rep straps available if the one you want aint there ask dealer direct with pics etc...so if you want the H amker 372 Ranger strap send that request to teh dealers by email...

They will confirm if they can get it ot if they can source something from another maker like say the Noob ranger strap etc

Go to Josh, Andrew, Angus  plus of course TB or Sead or Rochest all in the TD section

That includes Rubber and just buckles

If you want alternatives to PAM rep straps then the list is endless !!! BUt maybe start with a maker like Hirsch...they used to make OEM straps for OP and so they sell straps that are the same as the OEM but without any Logos or OEM markings etc For example a Riva OEM is a Hirsch Riva

44mm PAMs are 24mm at the lug ...47mm are 26mm

Size is dependant on your wrist but generally standard is 115/75 and long is 125 (115)/95 .small is around 110/65....but you need to look at a strap you have and work it out from there... use a ruler and measure the length of each side..if you want to go bigger than add what you think is about right... it is measured in mm

Buckles size vary on straps generally 24/22 or 24/24 then 26/26 or 26/22 (diver strap) or 26/24..... I wont go into Rads or deployants !!

I just wrote out a long answer and my firefox crashed Grrrrrr !!

I am hoping you dont just mean straps for your PAM I really do hope that is not the question especially given your search comment...

On the basis you are after rep straps...

Basically you can get most rep straps from most dealers..

Start by going to the dealer sites select PAMs then choose accessories you will see many rep straps available if the one you want aint there ask dealer direct with pics etc...so if you want the H amker 372 Ranger strap send that request to teh dealers by email...

They will confirm if they can get it ot if they can source something from another maker like say the Noob ranger strap etc

Go to Josh, Andrew, Angus  plus of course TB or Sead or Rochest all in the TD section

That includes Rubber and just buckles

If you want alternatives to PAM rep straps then the list is endless !!! BUt maybe start with a maker like Hirsch...they used to make OEM straps for OP and so they sell straps that are the same as the OEM but without any Logos or OEM markings etc For example a Riva OEM is a Hirsch Riva

44mm PAMs are 24mm at the lug ...47mm are 26mm

Size is dependant on your wrist but generally standard is 115/75 and long is 125 (115)/95 .small is around 110/65....but you need to look at a strap you have and work it out from there... use a ruler and measure the length of each side..if you want to go bigger than add what you think is about right... it is measured in mm

Buckles size vary on straps generally 24/22 or 24/24 then 26/26 or 26/22 (diver strap) or 26/24..... I wont go into Rads or deployants !!

Thanks for the reply Pete! But considering i posted the question in the panerai area of the forum and stated just exactly which model of panerai rep I own I thought it would be assumed I'd be after panerai rep straps. As for the search comment, it was in fact the case that the results sent back from numerous searches were helpful but not what I was looking for.

I'm well aware that if I go to dealer websites that they have other straps for sale, as I have acknowledged in a previous post but the fact that the trusted dealer section is not the be all an end all is it, an most of them focus on the sale of watches rather than dealers who focus solely on higher quality straps

I will leave you to it then ....

I really hope you don't think I'm being argumentative or confrontational, I do genuinely appreciate the information in your answer an the last few paragraphs about measurements are very much appreciated. I've never ment to offend an if I have I apologise Pete

im Learning all the timetime :-)

I've a huge collection of nice rep Pams and I've gone and bought straps for most all f them replacing the typically cheap looking rep straps. I don't like the Watch Boys selections....all off the shelf type bands. I found Malio Straps to provide very high quality hand made straps custom made. Malio will walk you through how to size and what strap looks best on which Pam. His Asso strap for 100 bucks is fantastic and his 79 strap is the only choice for a 127 or 372. Tell him Perry sent you!

Ello perry good to hear your input. I will definatley give them a look, i currently only have a noob pam111 with stock asso strap equipped but hopefully going to pull the trigger on a noob 372 once i hear back from my dealer about an additional request. Funnily enough i came across a huge list today of dealers who concentrate on straps but not many of them are mentioned on here though, I'll have to try and get the link again

Edited by gavinelli

Hi Gavinelli, if You are looking for something individual, handmade the artisan way from old army leather ammo pouches  I vouch for http://cbstraps.blogspot.pt/ in Spain. Scrolling down You have sample pictures, personally I like the ones with stamps or markings etc. on it. Albeit it takes 3 to 4 weeks for Your individual choice, prices are quite good in mop. Going to take a look at the link You provided too:)

I just pulled a like new Panerai OEM Monte Carlo strap 24/22 for $100 from Panaristi.

Great community of PAM owners and the accessory trade area is laden with all manner of quality straps.

I've discovered over the years that I'm better off laying out $70-150 for one nice strap than scooping up two or three rep straps.

Cheers, link below.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/