When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Completed Project

imajedi

Been a member here for about a year. Started off by taking apart a 7750 and trying to fix it myself. #Fail. Since that time I've gradually been advancing my horing skills and collecting tools along the way.

Bought a Sunnydale xtal for a 42 mm Omega a long time ago. Sunnydale gave me an xtal for my SMP chrono and it was so amazing I just bought a xtal for the 42 PO without even owning the watch.

Fast forward 5 months and I picked up a V5 with gen crown and tube installed. The problem was when it showed up the tube stripped out the first time I changed the date. The clasp was also terrible to the point I couldn't get the watch off my wrist without breaking the clasp. So because I wanted to install the new xtal anyway, and the tube was stripped out, apart it all came.

I cleaned all the old cement off (the gen tube is a little smaller and must be cemented in) and reinstalled the gen tube and crown. Crystal came out and Sunnydale went in. I took the clasp apart and came up with a nifty little mod and now it works flawlessly.

I had to reassemble everything five times before I got it exactly how I wanted it, no dust, hands actually attached, all the rookie mistakes. But I think it came out so good and it's amazing how far I've come since I first found RWG. Thanks to all the great people here for sharing all their incredible knowledge. I love this hobby.

post-44349-138389966919.jpg

Fantastic work mate...well done..:)

It is so much better on the wrist when you get hands on and I bet the watch feels even better knowing the work you put into it... :)

And also kudos mate for sticking with it and not giving up....

Today a PO tomorrow the world !!!

:)