When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master. I can't find any flaws...Can you?

GWP123

The spacing between "Oyster Perpetual Date" is too wide. That's one thing I know for sure. I have been thinking about getting this GMT version so I am in the process of reading as much as I can on it. I also think the crown guard is a bit off. If you look at a side shot of the gen vs the rep you can see that the top edge of the CG curves over the crown more than the gen.

I am also worried about the bezel. It is all blue and the black is painted over it. if you happen to scratch the black the blue will more than likely show through.

• Like 1

The spacing between "Oyster Perpetual Date" is too wide. That's one thing I know for sure. I have been thinking about getting this GMT version so I am in the process of reading as much as I can on it. I also think the crown guard is a bit off. If you look at a side shot of the gen vs the rep you can see that the top edge of the CG curves over the crown more than the gen.

I am also worried about the bezel. It is all blue and the black is painted over it. if you happen to scratch the black the blue will more than likely show through.

Thanks. This is good info.  Its amazing, and true for a lot of replicas, that it seems this is really easy stuff to replicate; font and spacing being the easiest, and yet it doesn't happen...

Thanks. This is good info.  Its amazing, and true for a lot of replicas, that it seems this is really easy stuff to replicate; font and spacing being the easiest, and yet it doesn't happen...

Because if they made it perfect, there would be no reason to make  versions V2,V3,V4,V5, etc. Look at genuine watches, do you ever see anyone sell a perfectly good Submariner 16610 and buy another one because it's a "better" version? no, because they are all the same, wear and tear not withstanding. In the rep world, it's always 2 steps forward, one back and maybe one or two to the side. The factories will never build a 100% perfect rep, not because they can't, it's because it's not good business to build it.