When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 Phase 1 complete

dbane883

Been meaning to complete a vintage 5513 for quite some time.  Finally managed to get few remaining parts last week.  In particular, a gilt dial I stumbled upon on a trip to NYC (thank you @lionsandtigers).

I'm calling this Phase one, because I'm not entirely happy with it yet.  I thought I had bought a gen set of hands.  As it turned out, the hour and minute did not fit ; only the seconds hand worked.  So their authenticity is questionable.  I've installed temporary aftermarket hands for now.

Here is the breakdown:

Yuki 5513 case/caseback - custom engraving

ST 703 tube

Gen 703 crown

Gen 5513 gilt dial

relumed Yuki hour and minute hands

Gen(?) seconds hand

Gen cal 1520 movement

Gen NOS retaining ring and friction disk (service)

Gen NOS bezel (service)

Gen mid font (?) insert - missing dot (i prefer it without)

Still waiting to mount it on a strap which has not yet arrived.

Phase 2 will be exciting.  Stay tuned.

eelr.jpg

ti0.JPG

o6i0.jpg

erww.jpg

sn47.jpg

rwn.JPG

Boy, you are going to need to beat the hell out of that case & work overtime on the hands to make them work with that dial, which looks to be either water-damaged or artificially aged. & it will require alot more abuse than just removing the dot in the insert.

But if you do it right, it should be an interesting piece.

Boy, you are going to need to beat the hell out of that case & work overtime on the hands to make them work with that dial, which looks to be either water-damaged or artificially aged. & it will require alot more abuse than just removing the dot in the insert.

But if you do it right, it should be an interesting piece.

Yes. Phase II will have the proper aged hands (which are in the mail)... And gen '66 mid case.

I do not mean to be the dark cloud, but, gen or not, the 66 mid case will need to be in pretty poor shape to match that dial. Otherwise, your Phase II watch will look like a newly assembled franken (as opposed to an old gen). ;)

It is. Corrosion pits, polished several times. It will be a perfect match. Will keep an eye out for a weathered bezel as well.