When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

xsxces

greetings,
i always seem to get more help from this forum than the other.

looking to get this for my mom (yes, she knows what it is).
does anyone know how the date looks thru the magnifier? comparable to the gen?

http://www.p-cls.com/rdjlf10004-pres...12-p-7913.html

not into rolex's personally (especially datejust altho i have a gen datejust at wife's behest...) so i'm not familiar with any featuers but i guess, generally, how are the magnification of rep rolex's?
i heard gens have magnification of 1.5x but i figure reps these days can easily replicate this feature. no?

otherwise, you masters wouldn't be buying them.

also, these look identical to me. figured the price is due to dealer difference. but is trusty's a better version? can anyone help?

above

or

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=5643

Rolex magnification is 2.5x & most reps fall between 1.5 & 2. Ladies models tend to appear more accurate due to their relatively diminutive size. In general, I would avoid yellow gold & 'jewels' on reps, as they tend not to last very long & identify themselves as fake by anyone who knows anything about such things. Were it my mother, I would select an all steel model (or, if she must have bling, 2 tone) without jewels. Remember, the more plain-Jane the watch, the less likely it is to be identified as a fake.

thanks, freddy.

that's exactly what i think about rep watches being in gold.

so i showed her many many non-gold and 2 tone models but she wanted a gold one.  her friends are no experts in any means (less so than me) so hopefully it won't show too much. 

same on jewelry......oh well.

you're thoughts help tho very much.