When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver FC V3 again on the Bay! TAKE HIM OUT!

edgematic1

Case and datewheel (font is a bit too bold). The box is a dead giveaway as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And caseback! :)

Thank you kindly. You certainly have very sharp eyes. :thumbs:

I'm a freak on AP's. I dare to say that I know a lot about the brand and the models :). I love them.

and certainly, that is an asset for the rest of us who are yet learning. Thank you kindly for the education. 

I appreciate it because I never expected someone to be able to tell a rep v3 FC diver from gen based on pics.

Something new learned everyday! 

and certainly, that is an asset for the rest of us who are yet learning. Thank you kindly for the education. 

I appreciate it because I never expected someone to be able to tell a rep v3 FC diver from gen based on pics.

Something new learned everyday! 

+1

that's why I love this place... so many experts we have here, what's a wealth!!!  :good:

• 5 months later...

Dear all, just laid my hands on an FC. Looks like an Angus production as carbon forging is like pics but AP logo on crown is centered. I noticed that the lum triangle on bezel is somewhat not straight in any of the reps. It looks as if the triangular edge that is supposed to be positioned at the bottom had beeb position on top left.

But the worst giveaway, don't know if anybody noticed is the datewheel numerals. The number 1 on the gen is "I" and the rep has "1". so 16 for example is printed "I6" on gen and "16" on rep. I was so disappointed.

Dear all, just laid my hands on an FC. Looks like an Angus production as carbon forging is like pics but AP logo on crown is centered. I noticed that the lum triangle on bezel is somewhat not straight in any of the reps. It looks as if the triangular edge that is supposed to be positioned at the bottom had beeb position on top left.

But the worst giveaway, don't know if anybody noticed is the datewheel numerals. The number 1 on the gen is "I" and the rep has "1". so 16 for example is printed "I6" on gen and "16" on rep. I was so disappointed.

Brilliant first post. 

If you do not have realistic expectations about replica watches, you should stop what you are doing now, take a moment and drive to the nearest ocean, and throw each replica watch you own into the sea while screaming "wheeeeeee! Another piece of trash gone!" as it goes sailing in an arc toward the ocean.

The first rule of replicas, in my opinion, is not to believe any marketing hype, and not to believe that any "1:1 rep" exists. There are bound to be differences between the genuine and replica models, but also in the price tag! Do you truly expect a $500 rep to be exactly 100% like its $35000 counterpart? Most of us are here, because we can live with the theory that we get about 80-95% of the watch at 1-5% of the price. That is why we are here, and that is why the forum exists. Do not forget, also, that there are several resources available for you to modify and upgrade your watches here. 

So have some basic knowledge and realistic expectations. Whining like a child clamouring for candy during lunchtime is not going to score you points here. A lot of guys would tell you and your kind to go buy the genuine watch and stop complaining that your rep is not 1:1. 

So, in summary, either grow up or walk away. Return to your world where you walk wide-eyed down in a watch boutique, jaws unhinged, whipping your head left and right ogling at the genuine Audemars Piguets, Hublots, Panerais, and what have yous...and deciding which one you are going to save up for. When you finally purchase it, that will be a true 1:1 watch. Meanwhile, you would not find what you are looking for here. The exit is to the left, if you would. 

Let me reply on the datewheel font. The rep is correct. The FC diver was release when AP didn't update their font yet. During production they changed it. They changed it on the entire ROO line. Do a quick search on Google and you will notice I'm right.

The triangle seems correct to me.

The difference between rep and gen lies mostly within the FC pattern.

Although since j12 factory updated the FC diver with their new cases it's now even harder to tell rep from gen. The crystal changed as well it seems, it looks more clear than before.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Edgematic1 for your clarification. I really appreciate it.

Yes, I agree with all of you. My analness for details has deterred me from buying any reps and I have yet to possess any to date. When I had the FC on my hands, I was disappointed by the details. So I didn't want it.

And agreed, the gens cost an arm and a leg so I guess it's just not my world (gen and rep).

But I am just interested in following all the discussions here as the skills behind producing some of these so called super reps are mind blowing these days and even though I am not a collector, I love to just look at and appreciate beautiful things,

Sorry if I offended anyone.