When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 42mm QC Pics

Gamma

Hi All,

Just received QC pics from Trevor, and wanted to check a couple of things with you knowledgeable lot!!

Below is the main picture, 2 thicngs i notice straight away:

The datewheel - It seems like you can see behind the datewheel on the right edge, dont think its the angle of the shot either(movement is 4813, not sure if that makes a difference?

The dial - May just be the angle of the picture, but it looks like the text on the dial isn't straight?

post-58863-0-72333900-1384783316_thumb.j

Everything looks pretty good, but am considering rejecting this based on the above 2 points..

Google for "Paint.NET" - it's a free program that you can download add ons for that you can use to do simple stuff like rotations:-

post-50255-0-37422800-1384783783_thumb.j

It looks like the dial has shifted down and to the right - it's not central, and would also explain the date window.

Ask for another.

Google for "Paint.NET" - it's a free program that you can download add ons for that you can use to do simple stuff like rotations:-

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

It looks like the dial has shifted down and to the right - it's not central, and would also explain the date window.

Ask for another.

Good shout fraggle42, cheers for the software link!

I agree, you can see from the lume marker above the 12 that its sat on the skew, shame, as the pearl and everything else look spot on.

It is a simple fix, so might be worth while pointing it out and asking them to fix it and then retake the QC photos.

Ive just asked Trevor to select another one, or fix the dial positioning and re-send, as the pearl looks spot on!(guaranteed that if he chooses a different one, the pearl will be off!)

Its going to form the base of a franken project, so everything will be changed out in time, but thats not the point..

Hey did you receive your watch? I am thinking about purchasing. Im curious what you think. 

Received it on Friday, and its a real beaut!! I will start a new thread with some pics before the project begins!

I can understand what everyone was saying about the bracelet now! A real pain to re-size, but got it done. 

There are some very minor flaws that i have noticed now ive got it, such as very tiny lume spill on the hour markers, but barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. The gap on the side of the datewheel is an odd one. Its definitely there, but was magnified in the QC pics way more than it actually looks when its on the wrist, so not a massive problem.

Otherwise, i am chuffed with it, just got to part with some more cash now to begin the project! I think stage 1 will be the below:

Sunny Crystal

Gen Dial, Hands and Datewheel(although ive heard its not a straightforward to fit these to a 4813 movement, anyone any experience?

Gen Crown and Tube

Gen He Valve - Shame its a complete dummy on this model, again, anyone with any experience of this mod would be greatly appreciated.

I will start a thread for this project in the next few days, so will copy the new thread link here so you can see the pictures