When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a2836 mod @ 6 reliability

lolz123

I am interested in the
http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_335&products_id=9078

and was wondering what the reliability on the a2836 with a mod at 6 is for a daily beater. i know mods at 6 tend to be ticking time bombs on the a7750, but i am not sure for the a2836.

This one is a 25 jewel modded so i was wondering if this is more reliable and should run well.

This is the first time that I have seen anyone do one of these mods on an Asian 2836 platform, but on Genuine Oris watches like the Small Seconds TT1 diver or Aquis, they use a base Swiss 2836 and build onto it to get the sub seconds dial... So, if they use the same idea, it should be a rather stable build, I suppose.

"...was wondering what the reliability on the a2836 with a mod at 6 is for a daily beater."

Do not know anything about the Asian 2836 with seconds at 6 but there is no telling how bad (aka cheap) they made the conversion going by some of the other botch jobs they have turned out...A7750 with sec at 6 etc.

The only 'trouble free' Asian conversions I have seen are the non adjustable 24 hour hand conversions on Swiss and Asian 2836.

There is a version of the genuine Eta 2892 with seconds at 6 (Eta 2895) and there is a picture of one on eBay, item number 221309727215. Zoom in and look at all the stuff they tacked on the top of it to make the conversion. Good price though.