When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Pam299 at the beach.

jion

No bikini around :( quiet day.

Yea, a little loose. Just got it last week. I'm loving it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well enjoy it mate and your time at the beach..

Need you on bikini watch.... please update daily :)

My 299 passed 60m waterproof test direct from Josh so I wouldn't worry too much. The marina design is good for keeping water out, as long as there are O rings installed in the right place then she will survive a bath no probs

My 299 passed 60m waterproof test direct from Josh so I wouldn't worry too much. The marina design is good for keeping water out, as long as there are O rings installed in the right place then she will survive a bath no probs

That is good mate...

But as a general to anyone reading this dont assume that all these rep models will be the same...consistency can vary...from tightness of the CB to missing gaskets and Orings etc... so I would suggest you either get it checked or use the slower methods to check rather than just jump in and assume all will be as waterproof.. :)

Very true, moment I get any watch I pressure test it, then I take the back off, check all screws are tight and its winding and spinning, pop it on the timer for a quick check. Clean and grease all O rings and the stem, seal her up and pop her in the depth tester.

Of the 20 or so watches I've had from Josh, every single one, except one has been waterproof enough to shower and dip out of the box. Every single watch Josh has listed as waterproof to a particular depth has tested to that depth fine

One had been assembled with the O ring not in correct place (easy fix, but would have leaked if not checked)

Main observation is how many have bridge and [censored] screws that are loose. Rotor screws loose, dry O rings etc. Just taking the back off, a quick check with a screwdriver and some grease on the rings would make many watches last a lot longer and requires no real special tools or skills. Joshua packs watches really well so I doubt this is due to transport. It just shows the lack of care when being build.

My other observation is that its ALWAYS the Swiss versions that have the build issues, so I would always buy Asian by choice. That's cos the Swiss are rebuilt and the Asians come direct from the manufacturer (who shows a bit more care than the kid putting together "Swiss" mechs from the huge boxes of broken bits they use)

I've got the 299K, It's an amazing rep. Enjoy it. You will find many haters of Panerais on bracelets, but the noob bracelet is extremely high quality and very accurate. You can't go wrong!

I usually wear it with a gen croc strap. But you're right about the bracelet, it's flawless :)

Very true, moment I get any watch I pressure test it, then I take the back off, check all screws are tight and its winding and spinning, pop it on the timer for a quick check. Clean and grease all O rings and the stem, seal her up and pop her in the depth tester.

Of the 20 or so watches I've had from Josh, every single one, except one has been waterproof enough to shower and dip out of the box. Every single watch Josh has listed as waterproof to a particular depth has tested to that depth fine

One had been assembled with the O ring not in correct place (easy fix, but would have leaked if not checked)

Main observation is how many have bridge and [censored] screws that are loose. Rotor screws loose, dry O rings etc. Just taking the back off, a quick check with a screwdriver and some grease on the rings would make many watches last a lot longer and requires no real special tools or skills. Joshua packs watches really well so I doubt this is due to transport. It just shows the lack of care when being build.

My other observation is that its ALWAYS the Swiss versions that have the build issues, so I would always buy Asian by choice. That's cos the Swiss are rebuilt and the Asians come direct from the manufacturer (who shows a bit more care than the kid putting together "Swiss" mechs from the huge boxes of broken bits they use)

This is the most I can do without pressure testing it first. I used to have a gen but never wore it to the pool. But a rep no problem. Lol.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image