When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Singapore!

gsiguy

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to this forum but i have been spending quite a few hours here.  Even now, i am astounded with the amount of knowledge and expertise here and on RWI (which is still down after a few days, i noticed).

It was very much based on this forum that my recent purchases (still on way; seems that flights out from CN is abit slow lately) had been made.

The first couple purchases i made have been pretty ok, save for minor issues (had to send a Rollie project 6241 back though for having the wrong dial and bezel insert falling off).  A stunning Pam 363 with a slightly loose chrono subdial @ 3 hand (was offered by Tswatch to have it returned and fixed/exchanged but found it troublesome for what seemed a minor issue.  Tswatch said it would be an easy fix so i'll find someone to try and get it done).

I suppose my largest question is where to find a rep-friendly watchsmith in Singapore... I haven't got an answer in either forum yet.  If anyone knows, will he/she PM me?

Thanks! And looking forward to making further contributions to the forum (i love photographing my watches)!

You will find many more of your country men here mate....so you will feel right at home :)

Welcome and I hope you enjoy it..

Spinmaster is in Singapore and Goin is in Tiawan...plus I am sure there maybe others more local that could help with a small issue ...

I have bought a few bits off Henry myself in the past... he is pricey but a decent bloke....

:)

You will find many more of your country men here mate....so you will feel right at home :)

Welcome and I hope you enjoy it..

Spinmaster is in Singapore and Goin is in Tiawan...plus I am sure there maybe others more local that could help with a small issue ...

I have bought a few bits off Henry myself in the past... he is pricey but a decent bloke....

:)

Spin replied. Phew! I hope he can help me. Might want him to see how I can improve a cartel 6241 too.

As for the Pam 363, it came off tswatchltd. I believe the name mentioned is Mary in rwi forum.

I have to confess I have ordered stuff from Henry and he's screwing it up. Sending me a wrong watch. Hard to tell from his pics. Hardly a qc photo. Taking forever to send it to me. For another watch, took my order, my money, and then tells me it's not available. Well, to his credit, he says I can return the wrong watch when it gets to me. And he said he would refund me for the watch he can't get.

Spin replied. Phew! I hope he can help me. Might want him to see how I can improve a cartel 6241 too.

As for the Pam 363, it came off tswatchltd. I believe the name mentioned is Mary in rwi forum.

I have to confess I have ordered stuff from Henry and he's screwing it up. Sending me a wrong watch. Hard to tell from his pics. Hardly a qc photo. Taking forever to send it to me. For another watch, took my order, my money, and then tells me it's not available. Well, to his credit, he says I can return the wrong watch when it gets to me. And he said he would refund me for the watch he can't get.

Glad to hear that mate..hopefully he can take your rep up a step :) But check out what others have done...that way you can ask him specifically ...as you dont want to send it to him and get it back and realise that you could have done a bit more .. :)

Sorry I was thinking in abbreviations when you said that.... I remeber Henry when he was about on the forums so maybe he was a bit better with me because of that..but i aint spoken to him in a while... he was one of the first to start doing QC pics when Chris started at Euro...yet he wasnt on these forums doing it so it was always kudos that he did that for anyone on the net...

And to be fair nearly every dealer will take the money before they check... and some just get caught out ... thinking it is and it aint anymore even if they bought one the day before from the maker...

I think a lot of guys get caught in that idea ... thinking dealers have stock of everything on the site or if it says it... as we all know that aint the case.. even from just a common sense or logical POV  let alone knowing this game :)

You're right, we shouldn't expect that they have everything. So long as I get my stuff I'm pretty patient. Its just that my orders with Henry were end Oct and I have seen nothing. In the interim, I've ordered from Andrew and Mary, and have gotten a 6241, sub 243, chopard gtxl, Pam 363 and the troublesome bell&Ross (along with a chopard owl face for the missus). So I'm sorry if I sound miffed. Never again a non TD.