When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Keyless Will Not Work On 2836-2

cib0rgman

I did it again I purchase a bunch of tools and I was trying to switch the movement on my noobmariner, for a ETA of an old sub that I have. I was able to remove the crown. Now I can not put it back on it will not stay in place.

Last time that I tried to do this, I messed up and I end up sending the movement Joe to get fix.

Can someone explain me how to do this, you guys think I can do it. or is practically impossible

Thanks

Ivan

did you use a 1.2 mm screw driver ?

I am no t sure But I can tell that I push too hard, this happened to me before with another Movement from a MBW 1680. I send the watch to joe for repair, now I want to see if i can fix it myself.

I just can believe it is the second time this happens. :bangin:

remove the old stem from the crown useing a needle nose player .

install the new one the same way ..

just use a lil glue to secure the stem to the crown .

p.s. you 1st have to resize the new eta stem b4 you glue the crown to the stem ..

cutting it down to size can be a lil tricky ..to big the watch stops to small might not catch all the gears .

good luck .

Those wont work as they are from the wrong caliber, you would be best ordering from ofrei or cousins depending on where you are.

Off the top of my head I think the part number is 401/2836-2, they are only a few bucks so get a few as you may need them in the future.

Glad you got the keyless works sorted feel free to pm me if you need any help.

Those wont work as they are from the wrong caliber, you would be best ordering from ofrei or cousins depending on where you are.

Off the top of my head I think the part number is 401/2836-2, they are only a few bucks so get a few as you may need them in the future.

Glad you got the keyless works sorted feel free to pm me if you need any help.

BAZZ,

Thanks for your reply and advice I am in the US, is cousins better for me than ofrei. it was not that difficult after all, I learn a lot today.